Ausangate Trek 3 Days
Ausangate trek 3 Days is for those who have experienced hiking and don’t have plenty of time; basically, you will hike the entire day. You will cross 3 mountain passes, hike through hundreds of roaming alpaca and llama, and you walk through beautifully diverse views that change daily from snow-capped peaks to neon red desert mountains, to marshy pampas. The real reward, however, is when you reach the Rainbow Mountain, hidden deep in the Andes. standing for a rainbow, this mountain is so striking. it will leave blow you away.
- PRICE: $390 USD PER PERSON
- ELEVATION: 4100m (13,450 ft) – 5050m (16,568 ft)
- PACKING LIST
- USEFUL INFO
AUSANGATE TREK 3 DAYS ITINERARY
Day 1- Cusco – Upis – Yanacocha
We leave Cusco at 03:00 am by private van to the village of Urcos. Driving we pass the district of Urcos until you reach Tinqui Ocongate. We will start our expedition out of the village of Quinsapucyu and will arrive at Upis Huarmisaya, hiking with sensational views including the spectacular Mount Ausangate and meeting local farmers wearing their costumes. Once we arrive at Upis where is our lunch then we get ready to hike to Arapa pass where we have an amazing view of Ausangate glacier in our left side dinner prepared by our professional chef.
Day 2- Yanacocha – Puca Cocha – Ananta
We will wake you up at 5 am with coca tea or coffee delivered to your tent and you are given delicious breakfast for the day ahead. In The morning start hiking to Puca Cocha. Along the way we are going to observe local farmers and alpacas, Ausangate snow-capped to your left side, and you will have English speaking guide explaining about flora, fauna and talking about the landscape along the trail. if we are lucky we might see condor, chinchillas, and vicuñas.
Also, we will enjoy colorful lakes we hike up to Arapa pass which is at 4989 masl(16567 feet) from where we will have an amazing view of colorful mountains. Then hike down to our campsite of Ananta where we are going to be surrounded by high mountains,! As usual, tents are going be set up for us to change, take a nap and have our lunch and dinner prepared by our professional chef.
Day 3- Ananta – Rainbow Mountain – Qesuno – Cusco
Today is the day you have been waiting for. We will wake you up at 03:45 am with coca tea delivered to your tent then we start with first uphill until Ananta pass(15,090ft-4500m-14,000feet)from where, you see this amazing Rainbow Mountain in the distance, but you are not quite there yet! From this place you go downhill to circle the lake and keep walking a Peruvian flat until we reach the final uphill to the Rainbow Mountain then we have 360 views of the spectacular landscape which surrounds you, Soak in the vistas and enjoy as much as possible the place. on our last day, we will go downhill to the Qesuno town enjoying more colorful landscapes.
Today after our last supper we say goodbye to our horseman and the chef and get back to Cusco where you will be dropped off at your hotel around 6 pm.
- English speaking guide, plus an assistant guide for big groups.
- Professional cook and an assistant cook for a big group and horseman for the mules and horses.
- Mules which carry group gear and large duffels provided by the company, for personal belongings.
- All food on the trek, which incorporates traditional Peruvian cuisine as well as modern fusion cuisine and specific dietary needs.
- Boiled water and snacks.
- Fees to access private land.
- Large Dining tent, table, stools, all cutlery, and kitchen tent.
- Tents to overnight, and Thermarest. Two-person tents are provided for single person and three-person tents for double people to provide plenty of space for personal gear.
- Additional horses for riding can be provided for an additional cost.
- First aid kit, including oxygen.
- A pre-trek briefing.
- Entrance fee to Rainbow Mountain.
- Private transportation to and from your hotel in Cusco.
- 7 kilograms of your personal belonging.
- sleeping bag.
- Breakfast on the first day/ dinner on the last day.
- Personal trekking gear including, backpacks, trekking poles, sleeping bags. However, they may be rented from the company.
- Personal riding horse. Additional horses may be rented according to the needs of the individual and group.
- Voluntary Tips for Guide, Driver, and Cook-(Please keep in mind that tipping is common in Latin America and would be greatly appreciated).
WHAT TO BRING FOR AUSANGATE 3 DAYS
- Day pack with a Rain cover.
- Torch/ headlamp.
- Extra socks (wool is best).
- Hiking pants and shirts- layers.
- Rain pants.
- Camping shoes/ sandals- to wear in the evenings.
- Camping pillow.
- Water-resistant trekking shoes.
- Warm clothing (thermal underwear, fleece, hat, and gloves).
- Waterproof clothing (poncho).
- Synthetic or cotton clothing (trousers, shorts, t-shirts).
- Sunhat and sunglasses.
- Sun cream.
- Lip Balm.
- Camera/ extra battery.
- Water bottles such as Nalgene.
- Basic medications.
- Walking sticks.
- Personal items.
- Personal snacks.
- Cash (if you’d like to purchase souvenirs).
- If you have altitude sickness symptoms, descend as quickly as you can. It’s nothing to mess around with.
- Our guide always oxygen tanks which are important as you get over 5040 meters/16,500 feet above sea level! Not all travel agencies offer this, so this is definitely something to look out for when choosing the best Rainbow Mountain tour operator.
- Make sure you are acclimatized to Cusco’s altitude before you set off on your hike to the Rainbow Mountain. This is by far the best insurance of a smooth and enjoyable trip. We recommend you spend at least 2 days in Cusco prior to the excursion.
- Batteries tend to die due to cold — keep them in your sleeping bag.
- The higher elevation also means colder, nearly freezing temperatures, so be prepared. If you decide to take a multi-day tour, make sure to wear very warm clothes. Also, bring coca leaves to fight off altitude sickness and carry the minimum gear possible to ease the hike.
- It is easy to rent gear, if you need anything, in Cusco for a few dollars a day for each ítem.
- We have huts in every campsite. You will be protected from the rain, snow and hail.
- No matter the weather conditions, the scenery is still spectacular.
- While we expect the tour will run as the itinerary describes to Ausangate Trek 3 days. Participants should accept that there is the possibility of changes, being necessary liable to local conditions, e.g, strikes, natural desasters.
- You will croos 3 passes which are above 16,000 feet of elevation. Passes are mostly gradual.
- temperatures can fall well below freezing at night and be prepared for snow.