Short Inca Trail Sacred Valley 3 Days
Short Inca Trail & sacred valley 3 Day hike is a wonderful option for those who desire to visit two important places and hike the length of the Inca Trail. With beautiful landscape, a great variety of flora and fauna on display, and visit this amazing sacred valley visiting Pisac, Ollantaytambo
SHORT INCA TRAIL SACRED VALLEY ITINERARY
Day 1: Cusco – Sacred Valley – Ollantaytambo
We will pick up at your hotel at 07:50 am for our short Inca Trail & Sacred Valley. This day you will visit Pisaq (ruins and market). hike along with the ruins, Ollantaytambo (ruins and market). Lunch at Urubamba. Overnight in Ollantaytambo.
Day 2: Ollantaytambo – Chachabamba – Machu Picchu
We will pick you up Pick from your hotel in Ollantaytambo and transfer to the train station. 2 hours Train journey to km 104, along the Urubamba river, guided tour of Chachabamba archaeological site, then we hike gradually steep up with an impressive view.
Later on, we hike through the cloud forest, and on the way we can observe orchids, birds, and waterfall. After 3 hours hike, we arrive at Wiñay Wayna Inca ruin, the most well preserved and beautiful sites. have our Lunch then we continue our trek for 2 more hours to get the Sun Gate at Machu Picchu. We will enjoy an amazing sunset at the sun gate then we will keep walking to Machupicchu for about 45 minutes. Afterward, we will take the bus down to Aguas Calientes to spend the night in a hotel.
Day 3: Machu Picchu full day
Day third is the most magical day: Machu Picchu. We will wake up at 3:30, extremely early, to take the first bus up to Machu Picchu and see the sunrise over the ruins.
Your guide will spend around 2 hours explaining the highlights of Machu Picchu. Afterward, you will have time to explore by yourself the ruins and hike Huaynapicchu if you have booked this option. (This is a separate entrance ticket that costs $65 per person). Finally, you will return to Aguas Calientes and take a train back to Ollantaytambo, and then bus back to Cusco. Once in Cusco, we will transfer you back to your hotel.
- Private Tourist transportation for the sacred valley tour.
- Hotel at Ollantaytambo.
- English speaking guide for 3 days of the Inca Trail.
- Box lunch for the second day.
- Inca Trail and Machupicchu entrance fees.
- Round Trip Train Ticket Ollantaytambo – Aguas Calientes – Ollantaytambo
- Private Transportation from the train station of Ollantaytambo to Cusco.
- Emergency oxygen bottle and first aid kit.
- Pre-trek Orientation – briefing (Hotel or Office).
- Three bus tickets Machupicchu-Aguas Calientes-Machupicchu-Aguas(if you don’t use them, we refund you).
- Dinner in Aguascalientes.
- Hotel 3 stars in Aguas Calientes(la Retama).
- Extra expenses.
- Breakfast and lunch – Day 1 sacred valley.
- Lunch– Day 3.
- Tourist Ticket(70 Peruvian Soles)
ADDITIONAL THINGS TO UPGRADE
1.- Huayna Picchu Moutain
The price for Huayna Picchu Mountain is: $65USD
Learn more about Huayna Picchu Mountain
2.- Machu Picchu Mountain
The price for Machu Picchu Mountain is $65 USD
Learn more about Machu Picchu Mountain
One way Vistadome Ticket is $35
Round trip Vistadome ticket is $70
Learn more about Vistadome Train
WHAT TO BRING FOR SHORT INCA TRAIL SACRED VALLEY
- Original Passport and student cards if you are students.
- A Hiking/trekking Backpack (21 liters capacity).
- Hiking Poles with rubber tips. You can bring your own or rent it from AB Expeditions.
- Trekking Clothing: Hiking shoes, waterproof pants, waterproof shorts, two shirts, a light sweater, jacket for rain, and clothes to rest in at the hotel. On the other hand, it is quite comfortable and relaxing for the body to wear light clothes for the walk; for this, waterproof materials are very good, because they enable quick drying from sweat and rain.
- Night in Aguas Calientes: Please bring with you a clean set of clothes to wear after the trekking. Also, you can bring along swimwear and towels if you decide to visit the hot springs in Aguas Calientes.
- Personal Hygiene items: toothpaste. toothbrush, and wet wipes.
- Medicine: If you are taking any medications, please bring them with you. It is also recommended to bring some over the counter medicine for the altitude sickness (Coramina, Aspirina, Diamox, Sorojchi, Acetazolamide). It is also suggested to bring Anti Blister Gel to avoid getting blisters on your feet and being unable to continue on your trek.
- Digital Camera with external memory (2-4 Gb) (Optional).
- Sunglasses with UV protection.
- Sun Block SPF 60 (UVA-UVB) waterproof and sport.
- Waterproof Insect Repellent lotion, not spray.
- Swiss Army Knife.
- Water bottle made of flexible plastic. This type of bottle is very easy to carry and does not take up a lot of space. At the same time, they help in our effort to protect the environment.
If you have reserved the service with your old Passport and then you have renewed it and obtained another, you most likely will have a different passport number. Please let us know so we can update this information. This modification has to be made prior to your trip to Peru (at least 10 days before your trip). As soon as you have your new passport please inform AB Expeditions of this change. Otherwise, this update or modification will have an additional fee of USD 12.00 and it will create a big inconvenience to update it at the last minute.
If you do not bring your passport, you won’t be allowed in the trail. Also, if you bring your new passport and failed to inform us and this information was not updated, you won’t be allowed in the Inca Trail or Machu Picchu.
Those passengers who booked their trip using the discounted price for Student Holders must bring their original and valid student card (not a copy and not expired). This document must be shown at the Inca Trail Control Gate. Unfortunately, if you do not bring your card, you will be denied entry to the Inca Trail as the permits won’t be valid without your card.
It is very important that our passengers inform us before their trip of any medical restriction, food restriction, allergies, special diets, current medication, health issues, or anything that we need to consider to make your trip enjoyable and without concerns.