Short Inca Trail + Sacred Valley - 3 Days
Short Inca Trail & sacred valley 3 Day hike is a wonderful option for those who desire to visit two important places and hike the length of the Inca Trail. With beautiful landscape, a great variety of flora and fauna on display, and visit this amazing sacred valley visiting Pisac, Ollantaytambo.
This inca trai 3 days allows you to visit the first day the Amazing Sacred Valley and the next day the most magnificent ruins such as: Chachabamba and Winawayna, and then enter on foot through the Sun Gate as the Incas did. You are going to take a bus down to Aguas Calientes town and have an unforgettable dinner with your tour guide. This will be at a nice restaurant in village before heading to your hotel, and the next day spent at Machu Picchu (Seven Wonders of the Modern World) with a private guide.
We follow the "Health Guidelines for COVID-19 for Inca Trail 3 days" issued by the Peruvian government.
Why should you hike inca trail 3 day trek with AB Expeditons?
- We are practical, punctual, reliable Travel company, welcoming individuals or groups. Check out our reviews on trip advisor.
- We include porters who will carry your lunch on the second day on Inca Trail, so you will hike light.
- You will ride the same tourist train with your guide from Ollantaytambo to Km 104(Inca trail trailhead.
- We dont share the service with other companies.
- Small groups of 2 to 8 people máximum. This fact sets us apart from other travel companies that take bigger groups.
- AB Expeditions is A 100% locally owned Travel Company and fully licensed Inca Trail operator.
- Our Tour Guides pride themselves on being up to date and have a comprehensive programme of continual professional development. We love showing what a fascinating and amazing Inca trail is.
- Your return train ticket is at 02:55 pm from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo. Therefore you arrive to Cusco early so you will sleep enough to do any tour the next day.
SHORT INCA TRAIL SACRED VALLEY ITINERARY
DAY 1: CUSCO – SACRED VALLEY – OLLANTAYTAMBO
Sacred Valley is a vast valley where there are a lot of tourist attractions. One day is not enough to visit all of them, that’s why we have split it into 2 options to visit it properly. Any of these options start at 7:00 am at your hotel in Cusco. See the options below and let us know which option you want:
Option 01: By Pisac(Alpaca farm, Pisac ruins, Pisac Market, and Ollantaytambo).
We will pick you up from your hotel lobby at 07:00 am in Cusco for your Inca Trail 3 day tour. Then we will take a road that leads to Pisac. We will visit the 4 main sites, Awana Cancha where you see (Alpacas, Llamas, Vicuña, and Huanacos), Pisac Archeological site, Pisac Market and Ollantaytambo Archeological site. On the halfway, we will have our lunch in Urubamba, after lunch we can visit Brewery(optional) then we go to visit the Archeological center of Ollantaytambo. After visiting Ollantaytambo, we go to check in our Hotel, have dinner, and overnight in a hotel of 2 stars in Ollataytambo town.
Option 02: By Maras( Chinchero, Moray, Salt Ponds, and Ollantaytambo).
On this option, we will pick you up at 07:00 am from your hotel too. The tour starts with a visit to the Textile center of Chinchero, then Colonial town of Maras. From Maras, we keep going to the nearby Inca site of Moray, a magnificent series of terrace circles set into the ground that was once used by the Incas for experimentation with crops, then the salt mines which have been in use since Pre-Inca times. Water from a subterranean stream is channeled through pools where it evaporates and leaves behind pure salt crystals. With thousands of stark white pools stretching down the valley, the views are amazing. Our final destination Ollantaytambo ruins where we will spend an hour. After visiting Ollantaytambo, we will go to check in our Hotel, have dinner, and spend the night in a hotel of 2 stars in Ollataytambo town.
DAY 2: OLLANTAYTAMBO – CHACHABAMBA – MACHU PICCHU
We will pick you up Pick from your hotel in Ollantaytambo and transfer to the train station. 2 hours Train journey to km 104, along the Urubamba river, guided tour of Chachabamba archaeological site, then we hike gradually steep up with an impressive view.
Later on, we hike through the cloud forest, and on the way we can observe orchids, birds, and waterfall. After 3 hours hike, we arrive at Wiñay Wayna Inca ruin, the most well preserved and beautiful sites. have our Lunch then we continue our trek for 2 more hours to get the Sun Gate at Machu Picchu. We will enjoy an amazing sunset at the sun gate then we will keep walking to Machupicchu for about 45 minutes. Afterward, we will take the bus down to Aguas Calientes to spend the night in a hotel.
DAY 3: MACHU PICCHU FULL DAY
Day third is the most magical day: Machu Picchu. We will wake up at 3:30, extremely early, to take the first bus up to Machu Picchu and see the sunrise over the ruins.
Your guide will spend around 2 hours explaining the highlights of Machu Picchu. Afterward, you will have time to explore by yourself the ruins and hike Huaynapicchu if you have booked this option. (This is a separate entrance ticket that costs $65 per person). Finally, you will return to Aguas Calientes and take a train back to Ollantaytambo, and then bus back to Cusco. Once in Cusco, we will transfer you back to your hotel.
- Private Tourist transportation for the sacred valley tour.
- English speaking guide for 3 days.
- Hotel of 2 stars in Ollantaytambo(Tunupa Lodge or similar)
- Breakfast, Box lunch, and Dinner for the second day of Inca Trail. With option for vegetarians, dvegan, gluten free, lactose Intolerance and any food allergy.
- A porter who will carry your lunch on the second of Inca Trail, so you will hike light.
- Breakfast - day 3.
- Inca Trail and Machupicchu entrance fees.
- Tourist Ticket to visit Inca Ruins in the Sacred Valley.
- Round Trip Train Ticket Ollantaytambo – Aguas Calientes – Ollantaytambo
- Private Transportation from the train station of Ollantaytambo to Cusco.
- Emergency oxygen bottle and first aid kit.
- Pre-trek Orientation – briefing (Hotel or Office).
- Three bus tickets Machupicchu-Aguas Calientes-Machupicchu-Aguas(if you don’t use them, we refund you).
- Hotel 3 stars in Aguas Calientes( Tara Machu Picchu or similar).
- Day pack cover to keep you dry your belongings.
- Rain Poncho to cover from the rain.
- Lunch and Dinner in Sacred Valley – Day 1.
- Lunch– Day 3.
ADDITIONAL THINGS TO UPGRADE
- One way Vistadome Ticket is $35
- Round trip Vistadome ticket is $70
WHAT TO BRING FOR SHORT INCA TRAIL SACRED VALLEY
- Original Passport and student cards if you are students.
- A Hiking/trekking Backpack (21 liters capacity).
- Hiking Poles with rubber tips. You can bring your own or rent it from AB Expeditions.
- Trekking Clothing: Hiking shoes, waterproof pants, waterproof shorts, two shirts, a light sweater, jacket for rain, and clothes to rest in at the hotel. On the other hand, it is quite comfortable and relaxing for the body to wear light clothes for the walk; for this, waterproof materials are very good, because they enable quick drying from sweat and rain.
- Night in Aguas Calientes: Please bring with you a clean set of clothes to wear after the trekking. Also, you can bring along swimwear and towels if you decide to visit the hot springs in Aguas Calientes.
- Personal Hygiene items: toothpaste. toothbrush, and wet wipes.
- Medicine: If you are taking any medications, please bring them with you. It is also recommended to bring some over the counter medicine for the altitude sickness (Coramina, Aspirina, Diamox, Sorojchi, Acetazolamide). It is also suggested to bring Anti Blister Gel to avoid getting blisters on your feet and being unable to continue on your trek.
- Digital Camera with external memory (2-4 Gb) (Optional).
- Sunglasses with UV protection.
- Sun Block SPF 60 (UVA-UVB) waterproof and sport.
- Waterproof Insect Repellent lotion, not spray.
- Swiss Army Knife.
- Water bottle made of flexible plastic. This type of bottle is very easy to carry and does not take up a lot of space. At the same time, they help in our effort to protect the environment.
- If you have reserved the service with your old Passport and then you have renewed it and obtained another, you most likely will have a different passport number. Please let us know so we can update this information. This modification has to be made prior to your trip to Peru (at least 10 days before your trip). As soon as you have your new passport please inform AB Expeditions of this change. Otherwise, this update or modification will have an additional fee of USD 12.00 and it will create a big inconvenience to update it at the last minute.
- If you do not bring your passport, you won’t be allowed in the trail. Also, if you bring your new passport and failed to inform us and this information was not updated, you won’t be allowed in the Inca Trail or Machu Picchu.
- Those passengers who booked their trip using the discounted price for Student Holders must bring their original and valid student card (not a copy and not expired). This document must be shown at the Inca Trail Control Gate. Unfortunately, if you do not bring your card, you will be denied entry to the Inca Trail as the permits won’t be valid without your card.
- It is very important that our passengers inform us before their trip of any medical restriction, food restriction, allergies, special diets, current medication, health issues, or anything that we need to consider to make your trip enjoyable and without concerns.
what makes us different
We are determined to give our customers the best adventure ever in Peru. Our only question is, will it be yours?
meet our amazing team
We are proud of our employees – some of the world’s top talent – who take pride in what they do and are engaged with our ambitions as a company.
The most affordable price
Let's start your journey!