Lares Trek 4 Days to Machu Picchu
Lares Trek 4 Days to Machu Picchu takes you through a breathtaking high Andean landscape and amazing mountains, you will visit remote highland villages where life is still like in Incas time. Farmers are still making textiles, practicing traditions. this hike takes you off the beaten track with visits to authentic Andean villages while being surrounded by beautiful lakes and green valleys, the trail takes you into the tropical forests around Machu Picchu.
ELEVATION :2800 m (9,530 ft) – 4700 mt (15420 feet).
PRICE: $630 USD PER PERSON
- PACKING LIST
- USEFUL INFO
Lares Trek 4 Day Itinerary
Day 1: Cusco - Lares – Kiswarani.
We will leave Cusco at 06:00 am for your Lares Trek 4 Days to Machu picchu . We will be driven for about 2 hours to the valley of Calca where we will have breakfast, from where we keep going by our private van to the highest pass of this road at 4275 meters 13.891 feet. From there we will observe wonderful views of the snowcapped mountains, after enjoying the amazing views we keep driving to lares hot spring where we meet our horseman and have lunch before the trek begins. while our professional chef prepares our delicious lunch we can take a bath in the hot spring which is an option.
Then we hike to Kiswarani waterfall, where our staff will set up our first camp at an altitude of 3600 meters 11.811. We will hike around 7 kilometers during this first part of the trek (3.72 miles). On the way, we will see Andean farmers wearing their typical costumes and their animals such as alpacas and llamas.
Day 2: Kiswarani – Condor Pass - Cancha Cancha
After enjoying our delicious breakfast we will start walking at 06:30 a.m. We hike up to the Condor pass at (at 4200 meters 13.779 feet, the highest pass of our hike) where we have the unparalleled landscapes and the amazing glacier, wallatas (Andean geese) swim in the clear blue waters. Upon arrival at the summit of Condor Pass, our guide will serve you a well-deserved cup of coca-tea, and you can take some time to rest while your guide performs a spiritual offering ceremony to the sacred mountains of Sawasiray. From there we hike down to the lakes, We will have our delicious lunch close to these beautiful lakes watching Andean ducks, and queullas.
The second day is spectacular trekking through the Huaran mountain range, we will have many chances to spot a number of Andean bird species, including Andean condors, hawks and swallow. We will walk 15 kilometers during this day hiking (9 miles).
Day 3: Cancha Cancha – Ollantaytambo - Machu Picchu
We walk down through the Cancha Cancha valley for about 3 hours. This town has pleasantly warm weather. On the way down we will observe corn and potatoes farm irrigated by water from the glaciers of the amazing snow peaks which dominate the valley and feed the river Urubamba, which they venerate and called Wilkamayu or the Sacred River, after having our lunch, we will take a bus for 20-minutes to the Inca village of Ollantaytambo, where we will catch the train to Machu Picchu where we overnight in a hotel.
Day 4: Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu – Cusco
Day four is the most magical day: Machu Picchu. We will wake up at 3:30, extremely early, to catch the first bus up to Machu Picchu and see the sunrise over the Machu Picchu.
Your guide will spend around 2 hours explaining the highlights of Machu Picchu. Afterward, you will have time to explore by yourself the ruins and hike Huayna Picchu if you have booked this option. (This is a separate entrance ticket that costs $15 per person). Finally, you will return to Aguas Calientes and take a train back to Ollantaytambo, and then bus back to Cusco. Once in Cusco, we will transfer you back to your hotel.
- 7 kilograms of your personal belonging.
- English speaking guide, plus an assistant guide for big groups.
- Professional cook and an assistant cook for a big group and horseman for the mules and horses.
- Mules which carry group gear and large duffels provided by the company, for personal belongings.
- All food on the trek, which incorporates traditional Peruvian cuisine as well as modern fusion cuisine and specific dietary needs.
- Boiled water and snacks.
- Large Dining tent, table, stools, all cutlery, and kitchen tent.
- Tents to overnight, and Thermarest. Two-person tents are provided for a single person and three-person tents for double people to provide plenty of space for personal gear.
- Additional horses for riding can be provided for an additional cost.
- First aid kit, including oxygen.
- A pre-trek briefing.
- Entrance fee to Machu Picchu.
- Hotel in Aguas Calientes.
- Round trip Train ticket Ollantaytambo-Aguas Calientes-Ollantaytambo.
- Private van from your hotel in Cusco to Lares(the starting point of hiking).
- Private van from Ollantaytambo to Cusco.
- The first breakfast as well as lunch and dinner on the 5th day in Aguas Calientes.
- Personal trekking gear including, backpacks, trekking poles, sleeping bags. However, they may be rented from the company.
- Gratuity for guides, cooks, and horseman.
- Entrance to hot springs in Lares or other entertainments in Aguas Calientes.
- Personal riding horse. Additional horses may be rented according to the needs of the individual and group.
- Bus ticket from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu.
ADDITIONAL THINGS TO UPGRADE
1.- Huayna Picchu Moutain
- The price for Huayna Picchu Mountain is: $15USD
- Learn more about Huayna Picchu Mountain
2.- Machu Picchu Mountain
- The price for Machu Picchu Mountain is $65 USD
- Learn more about Machu Picchu Mountain
- One way Vistadome Ticket is $35
- Round trip Vistadome ticket is $70
- Learn more about Vistadome Train
WHAT TO BRING FOR LARES TREK 4 DAYS
- Original Passport and Original Green ISIC international student cards if you are students.
- Water-resistant trekking shoes and sandals.
- Warm clothing (thermal underwear, fleece, hat, gloves, socks).
- Waterproof clothing (poncho).
- Synthetic or cotton clothing (socks, trousers, shorts, t-shirts).
- Sunhat and sunglasses.
- Sun cream and insect repellent.
- Water bottles such as Nalgene.
- Basic medications.
- Walking sticks.
- Swimsuit and towel.
- Personal items.
- Personal snacks.
The best time to do the Lares Trek 4 days to Machu Picchu is during the dry season (May-September). This is the busiest trekking time in the region, particularly on the Classic Inca Trail, where permits sell-out months in advance.