Lares Trek 4 Days to Machu Picchu
Lares Trek 4 Days to Machu Picchu takes you through a breathtaking high Andean landscape and amazing mountains, you will visit remote highland villages where life is still like in Incas time. Farmers are still making textiles, practicing traditions. this hike takes you off the beaten track with visits to authentic Andean villages while being surrounded by beautiful lakes and green valleys, the trail takes you into the tropical forests around Machu Picchu.
Hike a sacred path that is packed with history, flora, and fauna; furthermore, this 18-mile path is to access Machu Picchu more especially and significantly, the next day you wake up earky, take a bus to Machu Picchu and see the sunrise.
Our company AB Expeditions include Professional highly trained, educated and passionate tour guides to lead the groups of Lares trek 4 days and answer all questions, horses which will help to carry all the needed camping gear and personal belongings; a professional chef who deliver hot restaurant-style meals at each camping site to guarantee delicious food and to ensure you have plenty of energy to appreciate the amazing landscapes that 4 day lares trek offers.
Why should you hike Lares trek 4 day hike with us?
- We offer you the best route which is Kiswarani to Huaran. You will see, hotspring, Waterfall, local people, lakes, glacier, Llamas, alpacas, and amazing landscape.
- We are practical, punctual, reliable Travel company, welcoming individuals or groups. Check out our reviews on trip advisor.
- At AB Expeditions, horsesmen, guides, driver, and Cooks receive their salary as soon they finish their job.
- We dont share our group of Lares trek 4 days with other companies.
- Small groups of 2 to 8 people máximum. This fact sets us apart from other travel companies that take bigger groups.
- AB Expeditions is A 100% locally owned Travel Company and fully licensed Lares trek operator.
- Our Tour Guides pride themselves on being up to date and have a comprehensive programme of continual professional development. We love showing what a fascinating and amazing Inca trail is.
- Your return train ticket on day 4 is at 02:55 pm from Aguas Calientes. Therefore you arrive to Cusco early so you will sleep enough to do any tour the next day.
- We include you 7 kilogramof your personal belongings.
Lares Trek 4 Day Itinerary
Day 1: Cusco - Lares – Kiswarani.
We will leave Cusco at 06:00 am for your Lares Trek 4 Days to Machu picchu . We will be driven for about 2 hours to the valley of Calca where we will have breakfast, from where we keep going by our private van to the highest pass of this road at 4275 meters 13.891 feet. From there we will observe wonderful views of the snowcapped mountains, after enjoying the amazing views we keep driving to lares hot spring where we meet our horseman and have lunch before the trek begins. while our professional chef prepares our delicious lunch we can take a bath in the hot spring which is an option.
Then we hike to Kiswarani waterfall, where our staff will set up our first camp at an altitude of 3600 meters 11.811. We will hike around 7 kilometers during this first part of the trek (3.72 miles). On the way, we will see Andean farmers wearing their typical costumes and their animals such as alpacas and llamas.
Day 2: Kiswarani – Condor Pass - Cancha Cancha
After enjoying our delicious breakfast we will start walking at 06:30 a.m. We hike up to the Condor pass at (at 4200 meters 13.779 feet, the highest pass of our hike) where we have the unparalleled landscapes and the amazing glacier, wallatas (Andean geese) swim in the clear blue waters. Upon arrival at the summit of Condor Pass, our guide will serve you a well-deserved cup of coca-tea, and you can take some time to rest while your guide performs a spiritual offering ceremony to the sacred mountains of Sawasiray. From there we hike down to the lakes, We will have our delicious lunch close to these beautiful lakes watching Andean ducks, and queullas.
The second day is spectacular trekking through the Huaran mountain range, we will have many chances to spot a number of Andean bird species, including Andean condors, hawks and swallow. We will walk 15 kilometers during this day hiking (9 miles).
Day 3: Cancha Cancha – Ollantaytambo - Machu Picchu
We walk down through the Cancha Cancha valley for about 3 hours. This town has pleasantly warm weather. On the way down we will observe corn and potatoes farm irrigated by water from the glaciers of the amazing snow peaks which dominate the valley and feed the river Urubamba, which they venerate and called Wilkamayu or the Sacred River, after having our lunch, we will take a bus for 20-minutes to the Inca village of Ollantaytambo, where we will catch the train to Machu Picchu where we overnight in a hotel.
Day 4: Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu – Cusco
Day four is the most magical day: Machu Picchu. We will wake up at 3:30, extremely early, to catch the first bus up to Machu Picchu and see the sunrise over the Machu Picchu.
Your guide will spend around 2 hours explaining the highlights of Machu Picchu. Afterward, you will have time to explore by yourself the ruins and hike Huayna Picchu if you have booked this option. (This is a separate entrance ticket that costs $15 per person). Finally, you will return to Aguas Calientes and take a train back to Ollantaytambo, and then bus back to Cusco. Once in Cusco, we will transfer you back to your hotel.
- 7 kilograms of your personal belonging.
- English speaking guide.
- Professional cook and an assistant cook for a big group and horseman for the mules and horses.
- Mules which carry group gear and large duffels provided by the company, for personal belongings.
- Meal service at the campsites (4 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 3 dinners, 3 snacks). With option for vegetarians, gluten free, lactose Intolerance and any food allergy.
- Boiled water and snacks.
- Large Dining tent, table, stools, all cutlery, and kitchen tent.
- Tents to overnight, and foam mattress. Two-person tents are provided for a single person and three-person tents for double people to provide plenty of space for personal gear.
- First aid kit, including oxygen.
- A pre-trek briefing.
- Round trip bus ticket from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu.
- Entrance fee to Machu Picchu.
- Hotel of 3 stars in Aguas Calientes( Tara Machu Picchu or similar).
- Round trip Train ticket Ollantaytambo-Aguas Calientes-Ollantaytambo.
- Private van from your hotel in Cusco to Lares(the starting point of hiking).
- Private van from Ollantaytambo to Cusco.
- Entrance to hot springs in Lares or other entertainments in Aguas Calientes.
- Rain cover for your backpack.
- Last lunch on the day 4th in Aguas Calientes.
- Trekking poles: $15
- Sleeping bags: $20
- Gratuity for guides, cooks, and horseman.
ADDITIONAL THINGS TO UPGRADE
- One way Vistadome Ticket is $60
- Round trip Vistadome ticket is $80
FREQUENT ASKED QUESTION
HOW TO BOOK THE LARES 4 DAY TREK WITH AB EXPEDITONS?
In order to book your Lares trek 4 days with us, Click in the BOOK NOW buttom above, then select the day of your depature, then fill out all your personal information of each participant and the last step is the payment which you can do with your Credit card or debit Card.
WHAT ABOUT THE OUTSTANDING BALANCE?
The Outstanding balance can be made in cash one day earlier your trip in USD or soles or if you prefer PayPal at least one week prior to your trip(7% service fee applies). Also, you can pay us with Credit card only Visa(5% service fee applies). Please let us know what you prefer. Cash payment MUST be paid 1 day prior your trip.
CAN I STORE MY LUGGAGE AT YOUR OFFICE?
Yes! During the Lares 4 day trek to Machu Picchu, you can store your luggage at our office or at your hotel, whichever is more convenient for you. Please bring what you will only need during your Machu Picchu 4 day hike.
HOW ABOUT THE STUDENT DISCOUNT?
According to Peruvian Law, you have to be under 18 years old at the time of your hike to Lares trek 4 days (if you are 18 or over, you need to have valid student cards).
All students from 11 to 17 years old have a discount of $30 USD.
For children from 2 to 11 years old have a discount is $40 USD.
All students have to send a copy of their passport and student card at the time of their booking to get the student discount. Send us a copy to email@example.com
MAY I CHANGE DEPARTURE DATE AFTER THE PERMITS HAVE BEEN BOUGHT?
Unfortunately it is not possible. Peruvian government doesn t allow us to change once the Machu Picchu permits have been bought. Machu Picchu permits are not transferable nor refundable. . The only information that the government allows us to change is passport numbers.
DO I NEED TO BRING MY ORIGINAL PASSPORT ON THE LARES TREK 4 DAYS TO MACHU PICCHU?
Yes! You must bring your original passport and it is very important that it should be same passport you sent us to reserve your Lares trek 4 days permit. Your passport will be checked at Machu Picchu checkpoint and when you board the train.
UPDATING PASSPORT NUMBERS
If you are renewing your passport, go ahead and email us a copy of your old passport to book your Lares trek 4 days permits. If you no longer have your old passport, any government issue ID will be accepted, as long as the name is the same. Once you receive your new passport. Please email us a copy of your new passport ASAP to change the information of your permit.
CAN I STAY IN THE SACRED VALLEY FOR MY LARES TREK 4 DAYS?
Unfortunatly not. All of our tours leave from Cusco.
IF I CANCEL MY LARES 4 DAY HIKE. DO I GET ANY REFUND?
In case our country close the borders, we refund you alll the deposit. But if you dont make our country for whatever reason, you get sick or miss your flight or there is strike or natural desaster. You will lose USD $150 automatically. Once the Machu Picchu pemit is bought they become non-refundable or transferable, The entity in charge of issuing the Machu Picchu permits is the Ministery of culture of Peru and Peru Rail who is charge of train ticket. They don’t provide any refund.
We understand that nothing is for granted and things may change in a minute, therefore we will do our best to be reasonable and charge you only for things that we have already spent.
THINGS TO KNOW
- This 4 day Lares trek to Machu Picchu is no recommended for travelers with back problems
- You will have a guide during your Lares hike and on the Machu Picchu tour.
- Daily departures with a group of 2 or more.
- Many trek to Machu Picchu are closed in February due to the bad landslides. But we still organize trips to Lares in February because it is safe place. You only need to be prepared for the rain.
- There is not access for wheelchair.
- DON'T FORGET THE ESSENTIALS: Original passport, insurance card, personal medications.
- This trek will have a maximum of 8 travelers
We will give you a duffel bags at our office at the end of your briefing. Our horses will carry them and you will have acces on them only at the campsites. Put your clothes and other personal ítems that you wont need hiking. Things like, water, snacks, first aid kit and rain gear should be in your day pack. The duffel should weight 7kg.
Strikes and roadblocks are frequent in Peru and can disrupt our Lares trek to Machu Picchu hike and rail service to and from Machu Picchu. We will do our best that your hike to Machu Picchu continues as planned with some changes.
If the strike happens the first day of your Lares 4 day tour, we will take you to trailhead the night before your start date.
If the strike happens the day that you finish your Lares trek 4 day hike in Machu Picchu. We will send our vans to Hidrolectrica. So you will need to hike extra 2 hours from Aguas Calientes to Hidrolectric. Then we will drive 7 hours to Cusco. We will drop you off at your hotel around 11:00 pm.
RETURNING FROM MACHU PICHU TO CUSCO.
Returning from Machu Picchu to Cusco need a lot of logistics. But it is already organize by us.
Bus from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes, you will take a bus down to Aguas Calientes for about 30 minutes. Buses run every 15 minutes. Then Train from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo or Poroy train station. Our guide will give you your train tickets. Make sure to get the train station 30 minutes earlier.
- The estimated time on train is 1 hour and half from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo.
- The estimated time on train is 3 hours and half from Aguas Calientes to Poroy.
Once at the train station, our tranfer will wait for you with AB Expeditions logo. He/She will then tranfer you back to Cusco then to your hotel.
- The estimated time from Ollantaytambo to Cusco is 1 hour and half.
- The estimated time from Poroy to Cusco is 40 minutes.
LARES TREK WEATHER
The weather is unpredictable in the andes. Dry season Lares valley is from April to October and rainy season from November through March, but this does not stop rain from falling in dry season or the sun from coming out in rainy season so just be prepared. No matter what season you are hiking 4 day Lares trek to Machu Picchu, make sure that you get rain gear such as: a rain jacket, rain pants, poncho, and waterproof gloves.
The Lares trek to Machu Picchu involves various microclimates. You might experience 4 season in only one day too. So you must be prepared. Layers are the key since they are easy to adapt to different temperature changes. Be prepared with down jacket since the early morning and evening will be cold.
We recommend you to get a travel insurance because if you cancel your 4 day Lares tours in a last-minute it can reimburse you for your prepaid, non-refundable Machu Picchu permit. Also when you get sick or hurt while you are far away from home, it can reimburse you for care following a covered medical emergency while traveling.
This hike is Moderate, it’s highly recomeded to be in a average physical condition; The Lares Trek elevation changes make the hike tough as there is one pass during your hike.
During the Lares Trek to Machu Picchu trek, solo travelers will be paired to share a tent with another traveler of the same sex and couples will have a tent to themselves.
There is a mandatory pre-departure briefing at our Cusco Office one day before your departure to Lares trek 4 days at 6pm. You will meet your guide and He will give you detailed information about your trek, a list of what to bring, rental equipment or questions in general. Our office is located at: Marquez Street 250, Second Floor. Office 03. Cuzco, Peru.
Tipping is common on Lares tours 4 day. On the third day we board our van, we will say goodbye our amazing Horsemen and profesional chefs. This is the time that you will give a tip for all of them please. Anything extra is always really appreciated. Please know that tipping is not Mandatory and that you should never feel forced into this.
Usually our customers pool their tipping money together for the chef and porters. For your tour guide, you tip after your guided tour at Machu Picchu. You decide the amount of money based on your experience with them. Soles is better for Our Horsemen and Chefs. Guides can receive U.S. dollars or Soles without any problem.
- Tips could be for our Horseman: 40 – 60 soles.
- Tips could be for our Cook: 110 – 140 soles.
TYPICAL MEALS ON THE TREK
We train our cooks every year on the low season to provide you with the best tasting meals on the mountain, with specialty menus and the freshest local ingredients available on all of our Treks to Machu Picchu. Here is an idea of what you will be eating during your trek.
*Vegetarian, vegan, gluten fee and more Options Available Upon Request (please let us know at the time of booking).
Hot porridge, quinoa or oats, fried eggs, omelet or pancakes with fresh bread, fried bananas, Thick oatmeal with large fresh chunks of sweet apples. and boiled water for hot teas, coca tea, coffee, chocolate, and milk.
Lunch & dinner:
First Course: Quinoa, corn, noodle, asparagus, mushroom or vegetable soup, stuffed avocado, or potatoes.
Second Course: Chicken breast, beef stew, quinoa, fried rice, hamburgers, fried chicken, spaghetti bolognese, typical dishes: aji de gallina (chili pepper chicken), escabeche de Pollo (marinated chicken), or ajiaco de ulluco (spicy ulluco stew).
Fried plantains, chocolate pudding, chocolate or vanilla cake, peach.
candies, cookies, juice, crackers and a variaty of peruvian fruits such as: Banana, Chirimoya, Granadilla, Apple, orange, Mandarine,
WHAT TO BRING FOR LARES TREK 4 DAYS
- Original Passport and Original Green ISIC international student cards if you are students.
- Water-resistant trekking shoes and sandals.
- Warm clothing (thermal underwear, fleece, hat, gloves, socks).
- Waterproof clothing (poncho).
- Synthetic or cotton clothing (socks, trousers, shorts, t-shirts).
- Sunhat and sunglasses.
- Sun cream and insect repellent.
- Water bottles such as Nalgene.
- Basic medications.
- Walking sticks.
- Swimsuit and towel.
- Personal items.
- Personal snacks.