Waqrapukara Peru Day Trip
Waqrapukara Peru: It is a new and recently promoted tourist attraction in Cusco located in Acomayo Province above 4,000m (13,123ft).
WAQRAPUKARA PERU DAY TRIP ITINERARY
Cusco – Acomayo – Waqrapukara – Cusco
We start at 05:00 am for your Waqrapukara Peru tour, and we will drive about 2.5 hrs to Acomayo province where we will enjoy four lagoons of Acomayo. After enjoying the view, we continue for 30 more minutes to Qenterococha Lagoon (4,330 mts 14,138 ft) where we will have a delicious breakfast. After our nutritious breakfast we will start our hike to Waqrapukara. In our way, we will identify the flora and wildlife of the area.
Once we reach this amazing place we will rest, then we explore the place with your guide. Of course, you will also have the time to explore the place by yourself after your guided tour. We will eat our box lunch at the viewpoint of the Apurimac River viewpoint. After the meal, we will start to hike back. But we will take a different way which is easier and also has different views of the Apurimac Canyon and abysses. We will get back to the trailhead about 16:00 hrs where our private van is waiting for us. We will be back in Cusco at about 6 pm.
- English speaking guide.
- First aid kit, including oxygen.
- Breakfast and box lunch.
- Snacks for the trek.
- Private transportation to and from your hotel in Cusco.
- Entrance fees to Wacra Pucara and private lands.
- Pick up and drop off from the hotel.
- Pre-Trek briefing the night before the trek to go over the itinerary, meet your guide(s) and answer any questions.
- Gratitudes for guides for the staff.
WHAT TO BRING FOR WAQRAPUKARA PERU
- 1 Liter and half of the water (per person- at least!).
- Water-resistant trekking shoes.
- Warm clothing (thermal underwear, fleece, hat, gloves, and socks).
- Waterproof clothing (poncho).
- Synthetic or cotton clothing (socks, trousers, shorts, t-shirts).
- Sunhat and sunglasses.
- Sun cream.
- Water bottles such as Nalgene.
- Basic medications.
- Walking sticks.
- Personal items.
Waqrapukara Peru could be visited year-round, but certain times of the year can offer a more pleasant experience. The rainy season lasts from November to April and during these months it’s feasible to experience heavy rainfall in the region. Since the weather in Peru’s highlands is often unpredictable, it’s recommended to come prepared with clothes for both rain and sunshine. It’s essential to bring plenty of water as well since physical exercise at high altitudes can take to dehydration.