CONDOR CANYON CHONTA – 1 DAY TOUR
On our Condor canyon Chonta day trip, you will enjoy the majestic flight of the condors, a sacred animal for the Incas and it should be noted that it is the largest flying bird in the world. Come and enjoy seeing them in their natural habitat, surrounded by canyons, and fantastic landscapes, while combining Culture, Adventure, and Birdwatching in an adventure that will fascinate you.
daily departures with 2 or more people.
1 day acclimatization recommended.
Best from March to november.
Off the beaten path.
3380 m (11,089 ft)- 3400 m (11,154 ft).
yes! private, custom, add-ons all available.
culture, glaciers, hiking & trekking, lakes, mountains, nature, wildlife, Condor and ruins.
Hiking / Trekking.
Closed from January to March due to rainy season.
1 day: 7:30 am – 7pm.
8 km (4.971 mi).
CONDOR CANYON CHONTA – 1 DAY TOUR ITINERARY
We will start with the pick-up at 06:30 am. We will go to the archaeological site of Killarumiyoc which means «The Moonstone»; it was a temple of adoration to mother Luna (mother of the firmament), the feminine side of the universe and influenced on fertilization, plants, and tides. We will continue our way to the Tarawasi archaeological site; also known as Limatambo, the construction was commanded by the Inca Pachacutec, it was a resting place for the Incas travelers towards the Chinchaysuyo, it has a pyramidal stone altar («Usnu») and agricultural platforms. We will go to the city of Limatambo where we will taste a good lunch. After our lunch we taxe our private van to Cusco.
CONDOR CANYON CHONTA – 1 DAY TOUR INCLUSION
- Pick up from the hotel in Cusco.
- Transfer in tourist mobilities throughout the tour.
- Professional guiding service.
- 01 lunch.
- Permanent assistance.
- Tickets to access to see the condors.
- Entrance fee to Tarawasi.
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED?
- Drinks (mineral water among others).
PRICE USD: 2 Trekker: $130, 3 Trekkers: $110, 4 Trekkers $90, 5-6 Trekkers: $85, 7-8 Trekkers: $80 (PER PERSON).
WHAT WE RECOMMEND TO BRING:
- Original documents / passports.
- Precise clothing of dark color (bright colors frighten the condors).
- Waterproof jacket/rain poncho if your visit is between the months of October to March.
- Sunblock and sunglasses.
- Mosquito repellent.
- Comfortable shoes for the visit.
- Small backpack (Snack, cookies, etc.).
- Walking stick
- Camera and extra batteries.