Pallay punchu mountain tour - 1 day
Pallay punchu mountain is one of the new and best attractions in Cusco which was discovered in Quarantine(COVID-19). Located more than 194 kilometers from Cusco, on an elevation summit located at 4,791 masl / 15,7181 fasl.
PALLAY PUNCHU MOUNTAIN TOUR ITINERARY:
We will pick you up from your hotel around 03:00 am. We drive nearly 5 hours in a private van to the trailhead where we will provide you box breakfast upon arrival to fuel up for the hike ahead of you. After enjoying our delicious breakfast we start hiking up looking down to the Langui Lake. We are going to hike around 2 hours roughly until the top of the Pallay Punchu Mountain, we will have time to explore the area and take pictures. you will spend approximately 30 minutes to 1 hour (depend on your hiking speed and weather conditions).
After enjoying the Pallay Punchu for about one hour, we get back to the trailhead (1 hour roughly), where we catch our van, then we drive for one hour more to our Lunch spot Cusipata(3,250m/11,000feet) where you will be given delicious food by our professional chef and drive back to Cusco arriving at your hotel around 04:00 pm roughly.
- English speaking guide.
- First aid kit, including oxygen.
- Breakfast and lunch prepared by our chef.
- Snacks for the trek.
- Private transportation to and from your hotel in Cusco.
- Entrance fees to Pallay Punchu Mountain.
- pick up and drop off from the hotel.
- Gratitudes for guides.
- Personal riding horse. Additional horses may be rented according to the needs of the individual and group.
WHAT TO BRING FOR PALLAY PUNCHU MOUNTAIN PERU TOUR
- 1 Liter and half of the water (per person- at least!).
- Personal snacks (optional).
- Water-resistant trekking shoes.
- Warm clothing (thermal underwear, fleece, hat, gloves, and socks).
- Waterproof clothing (poncho).
- Synthetic or cotton clothing (socks, trousers, shorts, t-shirts).
- Sunhat and sunglasses.
- Sun cream.
- Water bottles.
- Basic medications.
- Walking sticks.
- Personal items.
ADDITIONAL INFO FOR PALLAY PUNCHU MOUNTAIN DAY TRIP
- It is not recommended for people who have heart problem or other serious medical condition
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Minimum age is 08 years old.
- Not recommended for people over 60 years of age.
- It is not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not wheelchair accessible
THINGS TO KNOW
- Higher elevation also means colder, nearly freezing temperatures, so be prepared. Whether you decide to take a one-day tour, make sure to wear very warm clothes. Also bring coca leaves to fight off altitude sickness and carry the minimum gear possible to ease the hike.
- Try to go all the way to the viewpoint. You get a 360° view not just a rainbow Mountain, but of the nearby lake and a gorgeous valley in the other direction. We think most people didn’t realize what they were missing by not going all the way up.
- The best time to visit the Pallay Punchu Mountain is going to be in the morning or evening hours, either right after sunrise, or right before sunset.
- The hike to the top is no joke. Constantly changing weather conditions, combined with high altitude, can be a challenge for experienced hikers. But if done right it’s manageable even for those who don’t hike much.
- Don’t go to the Pallay Punchu Mountain in the afternoon in the rainy season because of lighting. Since the high concentration of mineral. There is a high chance to get stricken by lighting.
- When you go to the Plaza de Armas in Cusco, you’ll find tons of agencies that offer this same tour “cheap” but remember: you get what you pay for. In many cases, some agencies may charge much less but will send you on a tour where the groups are 25, 35 more tourists and one guide. We offer our exclusive service tour where the minimum is 2 and the maximum is 8 people per group.
- Make sure you are acclimatized to Cusco’s altitude before you set off on your hike to the Pallay Punchu Mountain. This is by far the best insurance for a smooth and enjoyable trip. We recommend you spend at least 2 days in Cusco prior to the excursion.
- Don’t forget wáter!. Drinking lots of water will help with the altitude. We advise bringing at least 2 liters per person on the hike with you and have an extra bottle to leave in the van for when you get back.
- Go to sleep early and try to avoid drinking or partying the night before, because We will pick you up at 03:00 am and the physically challenging trek will be much more bearable without a hangover.
- If you have altitude sickness symptoms, descend as quickly as you can. It’s nothing to mess around with.
- If you are going to Machu Picchu the day before your trip to the Pallay Punchu Mountain, tell your travel company to book your return train ticket early.
FREQUENT ASK QUESTION
HOW ABOUT THE STUDENT DISCOUNT?
Unfortunatly there is not student discount
MAY I CHANGE DEPARTURE DATE?
Yes, it is possible. But you should let us know 48 hours in advance.
DO I NEED TO BRING MY ORIGINAL PASSPORT ON THE PALLAY PUNCHU MOUNTAIN TOUR?
It is not mandatory to bring your Passport. But if you want to have a stamp on it, bring it. The stamp on your Passport costs 2 soles.
CAN I STAY IN THE SACRED VALLEY FOR MY PALLAY PUNCHU MOUNTAIN TRIP?
Not, beacuse our Rainbow Mountain tour groups leave from Cusco. If you stay in sacred valley, we can take you in private service and there will be an upgrade of $30 for the transport from the sacred valley.
HOW TO BOOK THE PALLAY PUNCHU MOUNTAIN 1 DAY TREK WITH AB EXPEDITONS?
In order to book your Pallay Punchu Mountain with us, click on the BOOK NOW button, then select the day of your departure, then, fill out all your personal information of each participant and the last step is the payment of your deposit of $25 per person.
Once we get your deposit, we will send you a confirmation of your trip and the booking form to fill out. Here is all the detail that you need to send us.
- Personal information (full name of each participant):
- Name of the hotel:
- Phone number:
- Dietary restricion(Vegetarian?)
WHAT ABOUT THE OUTSTANDING BALANCE?
The Outstanding balance can be made in cash one day earlier your trip in USD or soles or if you prefer PayPal at least one week prior to your trip(7% service fee applies). Also, you can pay us with Credit card only Visa(5% service fee applies). Please let us know what you prefer. Cash payment MUST be paid 1 day prior your trip.