Inca Trail 2 days
Our Short Inca Trail 2 days is a wonderful option for those who don’t have time or desire to hike the full length of the classical 4 day Inca Trail. With beautiful landscape, a great variety of flora and fauna on display and a visit to the Inca Trail’s most beautiful archeological site Wiñay Wayna (For Ever Young), you enjoy all the best bits of the Inca Trail condensed into a one day walk. Covering a distance of just 10km / 6.3 miles. In addition, you will visit Machu Picchu 2 times so you will have afternoon and morning picture.
- WHAT TO PACK
- ADDITIONAL INFO
This short inca trai 2 days with a hotel allows you to visit the most magnificent ruins such as: Chachabamba and Winawayna, and then enter on foot through the Sun Gate as the Incas did. You are going to take a train down to Aguas Calientes town and have an unforgettable dinner with your tour guide. This will be at a nice restaurant in village before heading to your hotel, and the next day spent at Machu Picchu (Seven Wonders of the Modern World) with a private guide.
We follow the "Health Guidelines for COVID-19 for Inca Trail 2 days" issued by the Peruvian government.
Why should you hike inca trail 2 days with AB Expeditons?
- We are practical, punctual, reliable Travel company, welcoming individuals or groups. Check out our reviews on trip advisor.
- You will ride the same train with your guide until the Inca trail trailhead. Other companies send their customers bythemselves and the guide wait for them at the trail head.
- We dont share the service with other companies.
- Small groups of 2 to 8 people máximum. This fact sets us apart from other travel companies that take bigger groups.
- AB Expeditions is A 100% locally owned Travel Company and fully licensed Inca Trail operator.
- Our Tour Guides pride themselves on being up to date and have a comprehensive programme of continual professional development. We love showing what a fascinating and amazing Inca trail is.
- Your return train ticket is at 02:55 pm from Aguas Calientes. Therefore you arrive to Cusco early so you will sleep enough to do any tour the next day.
AVAILABILITY FOR INCA TRAIL 2 DAYS
JANUARY 2021: Sold out
FEBRUARY 2021: Closed for Trail maintenance
MARCH 2021: Sold Out
APRIL 2021:Sold Out
MAY 2021: Sold Out
JUNE 2021: Sold Out
JULY 2021: Sold Out
AUGUST 2021: AVAILABLE
SEPTEMBER 2021: AVAILABLE
OCTOBER 2021: AVAILABLE
NOVEMBER 2021: AVAILABLE
DECEMBER 2021: AVAILABLE
SHORT INCA TRAIL 2 DAYS ITINERARY
Day 1: Cusco - Kilometer 104 - Aguas Calientes
We will leave Cusco at 04:00 am to start the Inca Trail .we drive for about an hour and a half to Ollantaytambo where we will take our train until kilometer 104 where is the starting point of our trek. Our trek today takes us along the most wonderful stretch of the Classic Inca Trail 4 Days. We’ll visit beautiful Inca sites, see a variety of flora and fauna and get to take in the stunning panoramas of the Andes. Walking 10km of the trail our hike begins in the Sacred Valley and works it’s way up along a paved Inca trail to the archeological site of Winay Wayna before continuing on to Machu Picchu via the Sun Gate (Inti Punku). After visiting Wiñay Wayna, we will have our box lunch.
After enjoying our meal. we’ll hike through the lush and green cloud forest that covers the mountain and get to see a wide variety of plants, flowers, orchids, and birds along the way. We might see some larger mammals such as Viscachas (rabbit-like Chinchillas) and Spectacled Bears (if we are very lucky).
After a full days hiking, we’ll get to the Sun Gate (Inti Punku) in the afternoon and get our first views of Machu Picchu spread out on the mountain ridge below. The light in the afternoon is great for photos and with fewer tourists on the site, it’s a perfect time to take wonderful pictures of the site. After passing through the Sun Gate we’ll keep hiking for about 45 minutes to get Machu Picchu where we will catch the bus to Aguas Calientes. We will check in our hotel then we have dinner
Day 2: Machu Picchu
Day second is the most magical day: Machu Picchu. We will wake up early, to take the first bus up to Machu Picchu and see the sunrise over the ruins.
Your guide will spend around 3 hours explaining the highlights of Machu Picchu. Afterward, you will have time to explore by yourself the ruins and hike Huaynapicchu if you have booked this option. (This is a separate entrance ticket that costs $65 per person). Finally, you will return to Aguas Calientes and take a train back to Ollantaytambo, and then bus back to Cusco. Once in Cusco, we will transfer you back to your hotel.
- English speaking guide for 2 days of the Inca Trail.
- Inca Trail and Machupicchu entrance fees, valid for 2 days.
- train ticket from Ollantaytambo to kilometer 104.
- Return Expeditions train ticket(14:55) to Ollantaytambo.
- Private Transportation from the train station to Cusco.
- Emergency oxygen bottle and first aid kit.
- Pre-trek Orientation – briefing (Hotel or Office).
- three bus tickets to take a bus from Machu Picchu-Aguas Calientes-Machupicchu-Aguas Calientes.
- hotel of 3 stars at Aguas Calientes (la Retama or similar with 3 stars).
- dinner in Aguas Calientes.
- Breakfast – Day 1.
- box lunch for the first day.
WHAT TO BRING FOR THE SHORT INCA TRAIL
- Original Passport and student cards if you are students.
- A Hiking/trekking Backpack (21 liters capacity).
- Hiking Poles with rubber tips. You can bring your own or rent it from AB Expeditions.
- Trekking Clothing: Hiking shoes, waterproof pants, waterproof shorts, two shirts, a light sweater, jacket for rain, and clothes to rest in at the hotel. On the other hand, it is quite comfortable and relaxing for the body to wear light clothes for the walk; for this, waterproof materials are very good, because they enable quick drying from sweat and rain.
- Night in Aguas Calientes: Please bring with you a clean set of clothes to wear after the trekking. Also, you can bring along swimwear and towels if you decide to visit the hot springs in Aguas Calientes.
- Personal Hygiene items: toothpaste. toothbrush, and wet wipes.
- Medicine: If you are taking any medications, please bring them with you. It is also recommended to bring some over the counter medicine for the altitude sickness (Coramina, Aspirina, Diamox, Sorojchi, Acetazolamide). It is also suggested to bring Anti Blister Gel to avoid getting blisters on your feet and being unable to continue on your trek.
- Digital Camera with an external memory (2-4 Gb) (Optional).
- Sunglasses with UV protection.
- Sun Block SPF 60 (UVA-UVB) waterproof and sport.
- Waterproof Insect Repellent lotion, not spray.
- Swiss Army Knife.
- Water bottle made of flexible plastic. This type of bottle is very easy to carry and does not take up a lot of space. At the same time, they help in our effort to protect the environment.
FREQUENT ASK QUESTION
CAN I STORE MY LUGGAGE AT YOUR OFFICE?
Yes! During the Short Inca Trail 2 days to Machu Picchu, you can store your luggage at our office or at your hotel, whichever is more convenient for you. Please bring what you will only need during your Short Inca Trail to Machu Picchu.
HOW TO BOOK THE SHORT INCA TRAIL 2 DAYS WITH AB EXPEDITONS?
In order to book your Inca Trail 2 days with us, we will need a deposit of $200 per person. Once we get your deposit, we will send you a confirmation of your trip and the booking form to fill out. Here is all the detail that you need to send us.
- Personal information (your full name, exactly as on your passport):
- Passport number
- Date of Birthday (dd / mm / yyyy)
***We need copies of Passport of each participants because they are required when buying inca trail permits.
When your inca trail permits are in our hands, we will send you a confirmation that everything is 100% organized. All start dates, once confirmed, are guaranteed.
HOW TO MAKE A DEPOSIT?
You can make your deposit by clicking on the PAYPAL symbols on our page or you need to log into your Paypal account and send the money to email@example.com
WHAT ABOUT THE OUTSTANDING BALANCE?
The Outstanding balance can be made in cash one day earlier your trip in USD or soles or if you prefer PayPal at least one week prior to your trip(7% service fee applies). Also, you can pay us with Credit card only Visa(5% service fee applies). Please let us know what you prefer. Cash payment MUST be paid 1 day prior your trip.
HOW ABOUT THE STUDENT DISCOUNT?
According to Peruvian Law, you have to be under 18 years old at the time of your hike to Inca trail 2 days (if you are 18 or over, you need valid student cards). Below is the sample of valid student card
- All students from 11 to 17 years old have a discount of $30 USD.
- For children from 2 to 11 years old have a discount is $40 USD.
All students have to send a copy of their passport and student card at the time of their booking to get the student discount. Send us a copy at firstname.lastname@example.org
MAY I CHANGE DEPARTURE DATE AFTER THE PERMITS HAVE BEEN PURCHASED?
Unfortunately it is not possible. Peruvian government doesn t allow us to change once the Short Inca Trail 2 days permits have been bought. Inca Trail permits are not transferable nor refundable. . The only information that the government allows us to change is passport numbers.
DO I NEED TO BRING MY ORIGINAL PASSPORT ON THE SHORT INCA TRAIL 2 DAYS TO MACHU PICCHU?
Yes! You must bring your original passport and it is very important that it should be same passport you sent us to reserve your Short Inca Trail 2 days permit. Your passport will be checked at Short Inca trail checkpoint, Machu Picchu and when you board the train.
UPDATING PASSPORT NUMBERS
If you are renewing your passport, go ahead and email us a copy of your old passport to book your inca trail 2 days permits. If you no longer have your old passport, any government issue ID will be accepted, as long as the name is the same. Once you receive your new passport. Please email us a copy of your new passport ASAP to change the information of your permit.
WHAT IS THE SCHEDULE OF MY TRAIN TICKET?
It will depend on the train availability. We usually book the 06:10 am schedule from Ollantaytambo to Aguas Calientes on day 1 and the return train ticket is at 02:55 pm so you arrive to Cusco at 06:30 pm and you have enough time sleep and do any tour next day, like Rainbow Mountain.
CAN I STAY IN THE SACRED VALLEY FOR MY INCA TRAIL 2 DAYS?
Yes, you can stay in Urubamba or Ollantaytambo. by staying in the Sacred Valley, your pickup will be 1 hour and half after the cusco pick up so you will sleep more.
CAN I BOOK MY OWN HOTEL IN AGUAS CALIENTES?
You can book any hotel in Aguas Calientes. It will decrease the price of your hike $40 per person. If you decide to book your own hotel, dont forget tell us where you plan to stay so our guide will take you there safely.
ADDITIONAL INFO FOR INCA TRAIL 2 DAYS
A máximum of 250 people per day are allowed to access the Inca Trail 2 days at km. 104; This number includes all support staff such as: authorized porters, cooks and tour guides and is most tightly controlled; when the inca trail reaches its limit of 250 travellers, the Trail is closed off for the day and no further reservations could be made; Booking are not held on the Trail and all permits to trek must be bought a year in advance, if possible.
THINGS TO KNOW
- This trek is no recommended for travelers with back problems
- You will have a tour guide during your short inca trail and on the Machu Picchu tour.
- Daily departures with a group of 2 or more.
- No departures in February due to the trail maintenance.
- There is not access for wheelchair.
- DON'T FORGET THE ESSENTIALS: Original passport, insurance card, personal medications.
- This short inca trail will have a maximum of 8 travelers
This hike is considered from moderate - difficult, it’s recomended to be in a good physical condition.
During the short Inca trail 2 days, solo travelers will be paired to share a hotel room with another traveler of the same sex and couples will have a room to themselves.
There is a mandatory pre-departure briefing at our Cusco Office one day before your departure to Inca trail 2 days at 6pm. You will meet your tour guide and He will give you detailed information about your hike, a list of what to bring, rental equipment or questions in general. Our office is located at: Marquez Street 250, Second Floor. Office 03. Cuzco, Peru.