SHORT INCA TRAIL 2 DAYS
Our Short Inca Trail 2 days is a wonderful option for those who don’t have time or desire to hike the full length of the classical 4 day Inca Trail. With beautiful landscape, a great variety of flora and fauna on display and a visit to the Inca Trail’s most beautiful archeological site Wiñay Wayna (For Ever Young), you enjoy all the best bits of the Inca Trail condensed into a one day walk. Covering a distance of just 10km / 6.3 miles. In addition, you will visit Machu Picchu 2 times so you will have afternoon and morning picture.
daily departures with 2 or more people.
no needed, because it is lower than cusco.
Best from March to november.
famous, touristy place, crowded.
2000 m (6561,799 ft)- 2600 m (8,530 ft).
yes! private, custom, add-ons all available.
Hiking, Inca Ruins, Nature, Adventure.
Hiking / Trekking.
From march 1st to january 31st.
10 km (6.216 mi).
Day 1: Cusco – Kilometer 104 – Aguas Calientes:
We will leave Cusco at 04:00 am to start the Inca Trail .we drive for about an hour and a half to Ollantaytambo where we will take our train until kilometer 104 where is the starting point of our trek. Our trek today takes us along the most wonderful stretch of the Classic Inca Trail 4 Days. We’ll visit beautiful Inca sites, see a variety of flora and fauna and get to take in the stunning panoramas of the Andes. Walking 10km of the trail our hike begins in the Sacred Valley and works it’s way up along a paved Inca trail to the archeological site of Winay Wayna before continuing on to Machu Picchu via the Sun Gate (Inti Punku). After visiting Wiñay Wayna, we will have our box lunch.
After enjoying our meal. we’ll hike through the lush and green cloud forest that covers the mountain and get to see a wide variety of plants, flowers, orchids, and birds along the way. We might see some larger mammals such as Viscachas (rabbit-like Chinchillas) and Spectacled Bears (if we are very lucky).
After a full days hiking, we’ll get to the Sun Gate (Inti Punku) in the afternoon and get our first views of Machu Picchu spread out on the mountain ridge below. The light in the afternoon is great for photos and with fewer tourists on the site, it’s a perfect time to take wonderful pictures of the site. After passing through the Sun Gate we’ll keep hiking for about 45 minutes to get Machu Picchu where we will catch the bus to Aguas Calientes. We will check in our hotel then we have dinner and we have a briefing with our guide for the Next day.
Day 2: Machu Picchu!
Day second is the most magical day: Machu Picchu. We will wake up early, to take the first bus up to Machu Picchu and see the sunrise over the ruins.
Your guide will spend around 3 hours explaining the highlights of Machu Picchu. Afterward, you will have time to explore by yourself the ruins and hike Huaynapicchu if you have booked this option. (This is a separate entrance ticket that costs $65 per person). Finally, you will return to Aguas Calientes and take a train back to Ollantaytambo, and then bus back to Cusco. Once in Cusco, we will transfer you back to your hotel.
Short Inca Trail 2 days Includes
- Private Tourist transportation Cusco – Ollantaytambo (where we catch the train).
- English speaking guide for 2 days of the Inca Trail.
- Inca Trail and Machupicchu entrance fees, valid for 2 days.
- train ticket from Ollantaytambo to kilometer 104.
- Return Expeditions train ticket(14:55) to Ollantaytambo.
- Private Transportation from the train station to Cusco.
- Emergency oxygen bottle and first aid kit.
- Pre-trek Orientation – briefing (Hotel or Office).
- three bus tickets to take a bus from Machu Picchu-Aguas Calientes-Machupicchu-Aguas Calientes.
- hotel of 3 stars at Aguas Calientes (la Retama or similar with 3 stars).
- dinner in Aguas Calientes.
- Breakfast – Day 1.
- box lunch for the first day.
Short Inca Trail 2 days don’t Include
- Extra expenses.
- Huaynapicchu Mountain($65).
- Entrance to the hot springs in Aguas Calientes town(US$5).
- Tips (optional)
ADDITIONAL THING TO UPGRADE
1.- Huayna Picchu Mountain
2.- Machu Picchu Mountain
3.- Vistadome Train
If you love nature and the countryside, the PeruRail Vistadome is exactly what you are looking for. The panoramic windows located beside and above your seat will bring you close to nature unlike anything you’ve experienced before. The Vistadome train offers you a unique connection with the scenery along the way to Machu Picchu(Llacta), making customers feel as if they were somehow part of the nature that surrounds them. Return trips on the Vistadome option, also offer you an onboard fashion show, featuring the exclusive baby alpaca wool collection with the latest trends in alpaca apparel, all available for sale. In addition, you can enjoy live dances inspired by the ancient culture of the Andes of Peru. Passengers also get a snack made of local ingredients.
Round trip Vistadome tcket is $70
Our price is $$475.00 per person.
WHAT WE RECOMMEND TO BRING FOR SHORT INCA TRAIL 2 DAYS
- Original Passport and student cards if you are students.
- A Hiking/trekking Backpack (21 liters capacity).
- Hiking Poles with rubber tips. You can bring your own or rent it from AB Expeditions.
- Trekking Clothing: Hiking shoes, waterproof pants, waterproof shorts, two shirts, a light sweater, jacket for rain, and clothes to rest in at the hotel. On the other hand, it is quite comfortable and relaxing for the body to wear light clothes for the walk; for this, waterproof materials are very good, because they enable quick drying from sweat and rain.
- Night in Aguas Calientes: Please bring with you a clean set of clothes to wear after the trekking. Also, you can bring along swimwear and towels if you decide to visit the hot springs in Aguas Calientes.
- Personal Hygiene items: toothpaste. toothbrush, and wet wipes.
- Medicine: If you are taking any medications, please bring them with you. It is also recommended to bring some over the counter medicine for the altitude sickness (Coramina, Aspirina, Diamox, Sorojchi, Acetazolamide). It is also suggested to bring Anti Blister Gel to avoid getting blisters on your feet and being unable to continue on your trek.
- Digital Camera with an external memory (2-4 Gb) (Optional).
- Sunglasses with UV protection.
- Sun Block SPF 60 (UVA-UVB) waterproof and sport.
- Waterproof Insect Repellent lotion, not spray.
- Swiss Army Knife.
- Water bottle made of flexible plastic. This type of bottle is very easy to carry and does not take up a lot of space. At the same time, they help in our effort to protect the environment.
SHORT INCA TRAIL 2 DAYS AVAILABILITY
JANUARY 2020: AVAILABLE
FEBRUARY 2019: Closed for Trail maintenance
MARCH 2020: AVAILABLE
MAY 2020: AVALABLE
JUNE 2020: AVAILABLE
JULY 2020: AVAILABLE
AUGUST 2020: AVAILABLE
SEPTEMBER 2020: AVAILABLE
OCTOBER 2020: AVAILABLE
NOVEMBER 2020: AVAILABLE
DECEMBER 2020: AVAILABL