Machu Picchu + Sacred Valley - 2 Day Tour
Our special service of Machu Picchu & Sacred Valley 2 Day Tour combines our Full Day Sacred Valley Tour and a train trip to Machu Picchu. You are going to have private van. This option will allow you early access to this iconic archaeological site. On arrival to Aguas Calientes town you check in to your comfortable hotel and the next day you wake up at the crack of dawn to visit the archeological site of Machu Picchu.
- You will have a great chance to witness the sunrise over Machu Picchu if you are planning to visit it in dry season.
- Explore the pre-Columbian religious site and other sites in the Sacred Valley.
- Meet Andean artisans to gain an understanding of Peru’s deep cultural roots.
- You will see a succession of picturesque villages, ancient Inca terraces, and the new seven of the world.
- Comfortable round-trip transport by bus and train.
- Gain local perspective from a guide that you may miss on your own
- Observe the incredible andes mountains and the stunning landscapes.
- Travel along the pretties railways in the world which goes paralleled to the Urubamba river.
Why should you go to Sacred Valley & Machu Picchu with us?
- This machu Picchu & Sacred Valley 2 days tour is operated by AB Expeditons, a 100% local tour operator based in Cusco.
- We are practical, punctual, reliable Travel company, welcoming individuals or groups. Check out our reviews on trip advisor.
- At AB Expeditions, our guides, driver, and Cooks receive their salary as soon they finish their job.
- We dont share our group of sacred Valley & Machu Picchu 2 days with other companies.
- Small groups of 2 to 8 people máximum. This fact sets us apart from other travel companies that take bigger groups.
- AB Expeditions is A 100% locally owned Travel Company and fully licensed Sacred Valley operator.
- Our Tour Guides pride themselves on being up to date and have a comprehensive programme of continual professional development. We love showing what a fascinating and amazing Inca trail is.
- Your return train ticket on day 2 is at 02:55 pm from Aguas Calientes. Therefore you arrive to Cusco early so you will sleep enough to do any tour the next day like Palcoyo Mountain.
MACHU PICCHU SACRED VALLEY ITINERARY
Day 1: Sacred Valley Tour
Sacred Valley is a vast valley where there are a lot of tourist attractions. One day is not enough to visit all of them, that’s why we have split it into 2 options to visit it properly. Any of these options start at 7:00 am at your hotel in Cusco. See the options below and let us know which option you want:
Option 01: By Pisac(Alpaca farm, Pisac ruins, Pisac Market, and Ollantaytambo).
We will pick you up from your hotel lobby at 07:00 am in Cusco for your Machu Picchu & Sacred Valley tour. Then we will take a road that leads to Pisac. We will visit the 4 main sites, Awana Cancha where you see (Alpacas, Llamas, Vicuña, and Huanacos), Pisac Archeological site, Pisac Market and Ollantaytambo Archeological site. On the halfway, we will have our lunch in Urubamba, after lunch we can visit Brewery(optional) then we go to visit the Archeological center of Ollantaytambo. After visiting Ollantaytambo, we will take the train to Aguas Calientes at 03:37 pm or 07:30 pm, depending on the availability. Once we arrive at Aguas Calientes we go to check in our Hotel, have dinner, and overnight.
Option 02: By Maras( Chinchero, Moray, Salt Ponds, and Ollantaytambo).
On this option, we will pick you up at 07:00 am from your hotel too. The tour starts with a visit to the Textile center of Chinchero, then Colonial town of Maras. From Maras, we keep going to the nearby Inca site of Moray, a magnificent series of terrace circles set into the ground that was once used by the Incas for experimentation with crops, then the salt mines which have been in use since Pre-Inca times. Water from a subterranean stream is channeled through pools where it evaporates and leaves behind pure salt crystals. With thousands of stark white pools stretching down the valley, the views are amazing. Our final destination Ollantaytambo ruins where we will spend an hour. After visiting Ollantaytambo, we will take the train to Aguas Calientes at 03:37 pm or 07:30 pm, depending on the availability. Once we arrive at Aguas Calientes we go to check in our Hotel, have dinner, and spend the night.
Day 2: Machu Picchu
Day two is the most magical day: Machu Picchu. We will wake up early, to take the first bus up to Machu Picchu and see the sunrise over the ruins.
Your guide will spend around 2 hours explaining the highlights of Machu Picchu. Afterward, you will have free time to explore by yourself the ruins and hike Huayna Picchu Mountain if you have booked this option. (This is a separate entrance ticket that costs $65 per person). Finally, you will return to Aguas Calientes and take a train back to Ollantaytambo, and then bus back to Cusco. Once in Cusco, we will transfer you back to your hotel.
- Professional English-speaking guides for 2 days.
- Hotel in Aguas Cabaña 3 stars or similar.
- Tourist transportation for Sacred Valley tour.
- All entrance fees to the archeological sites visited.
- Round trip Train ticket from Ollantaytambo-Aguas Calientes-Ollantaytambo.
- Breakfast at the hotel in Aguas Calientes.
- Round trip Bus ticket from Aguas Calientes- Machu Picchu-Aguas Calientes.
- Entrance fee to Machu Picchu.
- Guided tour for 2 hours in Machu Picchu.
- Transportation to Cusco and to your hotel.
- Salta mine ticket.
- Lunch and dinner on the first day(The are many restaurants which you can choose at the moment).
- Huaynapicchu Mountain($15 per person).
- Machu Picchu Mountain ($15 per person).
- Lunch on the second day.
ADDITIONAL THINGS TO UPGRADE
- Huayna Picchu Moutain: $65USD
- Machu Picchu Mountain: $65 USD
- One way Vistadome Ticket: $35 USD
- Round trip Vistadome ticket: $70 USD
WHAT TO BRING FOR MACHU PICCHU SACRED VALLEY
- Original passport.
- Tennis shoes or trainers.
- Long, comfortable pants and a wind jacket.
- Sweater and light shirt.
- Rain jacket or poncho – in any season it can rain.
- Camera with a full battery and lots of memory!.
- Insect repellent (for sand flies).
- Sunblock and sunglasses.
- Personal first aid kit (personal medications).
- Water bottle with 1-2 liters of water.
- Light backpack.
- Snacks (everything is more expensive in Aguas Calientes!).
- Padlock for a locker in the hostel.
- Flashlight if you plan to walk up to MP early in the morning.
THINGS TO KNOW
- As per the new rules, you can stay in the Machu Picchu area only 2 hours, but it is almost impossible to enforce this rule unless visitors would have been all the time harassed by guards who would have to ask them over and over again what time did they enter (this rule should be more strict).
- When visiting Machu Picchu, you must bring the passport with you as you will need it to enter the site.
- With the standard entry ticket to Machu Picchu, you will not be allowed back in after you exit, even if you do not spend the full 2 hours allotted with each ticket. A complete guided tour only tends to last between 2 to 3 hours.
- With the Machu Picchu + Machu Picchu Mountain ticket, You should hike first to the Mountain then do the guided tour at Machu Picchu following the circuit 03.
- Be careful with selfie-and jumping pictures, as these cause most of the accidents in the mountains.
- Park rangers invite you to leave Huayna Picchu mountain at 12:30 pm, and from Machu Picchu mountain at 12 pm.
- Training shoes or lightweight walking shoes highly recommended.
- Strong insect repellent recommended.
- Machu Picchu is a unique site, and if you want, you can get a pretty unusual stamp into your Passport.
Bad news, there are no bathrooms or food stalls in Machu Picchu site. Make sure you use the bathroom before you enter the site. It is right in front of the entrance and costs two soles.
If it is cloudy and rainy and you will leave the viewing platform where the most classic photos are taken from and start the tour around Machu Picchu, with a hope to come back when the weather improves, we would like to inform you that this is impossible. Once you are on the trail you only have to move forward and follow the circuit – there are many guards with whistles watching, and you won’t stand a chance.
Food and Water
When it comes to food and water, bring your own. The ticket says that eating inside the site is prohibited, but you can bring a small snack with you, only try not to eat too openly, and it comes without saying that you should not litter. Also, you should bring your water in re-usable flasks or canteens, because Machu Picchu tries to fight against single-use plastic bottles.
Prohibited objects inside Machu Picchu
- Walking sticks are not allowed unless the person needs them.
- It is not allowed to enter Machu Picchu with drones, hiking poles, tripods, or selfie sticks as well. Older people can carry a cane, but with a rubber tip, not with a metal one.
- Professional cameras are not allowed. Permits for professional cameras are over $300 so avoid bringing a professional-looking camera in to save some money.
- You cannot enter to Machu Picchu with your travel backpack. Only smaller models are allowed so leave your backpack in Aguas Calientes in your Hotel.
Strikes and roadblocks are frequent in Peru and can disrupt our Sacred Valley and Machu Picchu 2 day Tour, and rail service to and from Machu Picchu. We will do our best that your visit to Machu Picchu continues as planned with some changes.
If the strike happens the first day of your Machu Picchu and Machu Picchu tour, we will take you to Aguas Calientes the night before your start date. You will spend the night in a hotel which will be in your expenses. And the next day, you will visit Machu Pichu normally.
If the strike happens the second day. We will send our vans to Hidrolectrica. So you will need to hike extra 3 hours from Aguas Calientes to Hidrolectric. Then we will drive 7 hours to Cusco. We will drop you off at your hotel around 09:00 pm.
We recommend you to get a travel insurance. If you cancel your Sacred Valley & Machu Picchu tour in a last-minute it can reimburse you for your prepaid, non-refundable Machu Picchu permit. Also when you get sick or hurt while you are far away from home, it can reimburse you for care following a covered medical emergency while traveling.
MACHU PICCHU WEATHER
The weather is unpredictable in the andes. Dry season in Machu Picchu is from April to October and rainy season from November through March, but this does not stop rain from falling in dry season or the sun from coming out in rainy season so just be prepared. No matter what season you are visiting Machu Picchu, make sure that you get rain gear such as: a rain jacket, rain pants, and rain poncho. You might experience 4 season in only one day too. So you must be prepared. Layers are the key since they are easy to adapt to different temperature changes.
RETURNING FROM MACHU PICHU TO CUSCO.
Returning from Machu Picchu to Cusco need a lot of logistics. But it is already organize by us.
Bus from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes, you will take a bus down to Aguas Calientes for about 30 minutes. Buses run every 15 minutes. Then Train from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo or Poroy train station. Our guide will give you your train tickets. Make sure to get the train station 30 minutes earlier.
- The estimated time on train is 1 hour and half from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo.
- The estimated time on train is 3 hours and half from Aguas Calientes to Poroy.
Once at the train station, our tranfer will wait for you with AB Expeditions logo. He/She will then tranfer you back to Cusco then to your hotel.
- The estimated time from Ollantaytambo to Cusco is 1 hour and half.
- The estimated time from Poroy to Cusco is 40 minutes.
During the Sacred Valley Machu Picchu 2 day tour, solo travelers will be paired to share a hotel room with another traveler of the same sex and couples will have a room to themselves. If you want to have private room only for you, the upgrade will be $45.
FREQUENT ASK QUESTIONS
HOW TO BOOK MACHU PICCHU & SACRED VALLEY 2 DAY TOUR WITH AB EXPEDITONS?
In order to book the Machu Picchu & Sacred Valley 2 day tour with us, you need to click the Book Now buttom above, then select the date of your departure, then fill out all the personal information of each participant, and the last step is the payment which you can do with credit card or debit card. Please, send us only the deposit.
Once we receive your deposit, we will need Pictures of Passport of each participants because they are required when buying Machu Picchu and train ticket.
When your Machu Picchu tickets are in our hands, we will send you a confirmation that everything is 100% organized. All start dates, once confirmed, are guaranteed.
WHAT ABOUT THE OUTSTANDING BALANCE?
Your remaining balance can be made in cash 1 day earlier your trip in USD or soles or if you prefer PayPal at least one week prior to your trip(7% service fee applies). Also, you can pay us with Credit card Visa(5% service fee applies). It is better to pay us with cash because there is not any transaction fee. Please let us know what you prefer.
HOW ABOUT THE STUDENT DISCOUNT?
According to Peruvian Law, you have to be under 18 years old at the time of your visit to Machu Piccu (if you are 18 or over, you need valid student cards). Below is the sample of valid student card
- All students from 11 to 17 years old have a discount of $20 USD.
- For children from 2 to 11 years old have a discount is $30 USD.
All students have to send a copy of their passport and student card at the time of their booking to get the student discount. Send us a copy at email@example.com
MAY I CHANGE DEPARTURE DATE AFTER THE PERMITS HAVE BEEN PURCHASED?
Yes, it is possible. But you have to pay the penalty of 25% of deposit which Peru rail and Machu Picchu office charges us.
DO I NEED TO BRING MY ORIGINAL PASSPORT ON THE MACHU PICCHU & SACRED VALLEY 2 DAY TOUR?
Yes! You must bring your original passport and it is very important that it should be same passport you sent us to reserve your Machu Picchu ticket. Your passport will be checked at Machu Picchu checkpoint and when you board the train.
UPDATING PASSPORT NUMBERS
If you are renewing your passport, go ahead and email us a copy of your old passport to book your Machu Picchu ticket. If you no longer have your old passport, any government issue ID will be accepted, as long as the name is the same. Once you receive your new passport. Please email us a copy of your new passport ASAP to change the information of your ticket.
WHAT IS THE SCHEDULE OF MY TRAIN TICKET?
It will depend on the train availability. We usually book the 15:27 pm or 19:00 schedule from Ollantaytambo to Aguas Calientes on day 1 and the return train ticket is at 02:55 pm so you arrive to Cusco at 06:30 pm and you have enough time sleep and do any tour next day, like Rainbow Mountain.
CAN I STAY IN THE SACRED VALLEY FOR MY 2 DAY TOUR TO SACRED VALLEY & MACHU PICCHU?
We dont recommend to stay in sacred valley. It is better to stay in Cusco.
CAN I BOOK MY OWN HOTEL IN AGUAS CALIENTES?
Yes, you can book any hotel in Aguas Calientes. It will decrease the price of $40 per person. If you decide to book your own hotel, dont forget tell us where you plan to stay so our guide will take you there safely.
CAN I STORE MY LUGGAGE AT YOUR OFFICE?
Yes! During the 2 day inca trail hike, you can store your luggage at our office or at your hotel, whichever is more convenient for you. Please bring what you will only need during your Short Inca Trail to Machu Picchu.
The most affordable price
Let's start your journey!