SINGRENACOCHA LAKE DAY TRIP
Singrenacocha Lake Day Trip
Singrenacocha Lake Day Hike is a hundred and eighteen kilometers away from Cusco City. It is one of the most beautiful lagoons around Ausangate area. This lagoon is surrounded by unparalleled landscapes and mountains. This lagoon is not well known and visited yet, which makes it more special. Of course you will see llamas, Alpacas, and farmers still wearing their typical costumes around the lagoon.
SINGRENACOCHA LAKE DAY TRIP ITINERARY
Cusco – Ocongate – Singrenacocha – Cusco
We will pick you up from your hotel, at 5:00 am, then we will drive for 3 hours to the yanacancha village, on the way we can appreciate the biodiversity of the area such as: typical alpacas and llamas of the area. Once we get to the trailhead, we will have a notricious boxbreakfast. After eating our meal we will walk for about 10 minutes to the viewpoint of the beautiful lake. you will have time to explore the area and take pictures. We will spend approximately 30 minutes. then we will walk down to the lake where we will see trout farming.
After exploring the lake we will come back to the van. We will drive to the village of Pampacancha where we go to the hotspring and have lunch in the same place. Then we get back to van drive back to Cusco. We will arrive to Cusco at 05:00 pm roughly.
- English speaking guide, plus an assistant guide for a big group.
- First aid kit, including oxygen.
- Breakfast and Box lunch.
- Snacks for the trek.
- Private transportation to and from your hotel in Cusco.
- Entrance fees to Singrenacacha
- Pick up and drop off from the hotel.
- Pre-Trek briefing the night before the trek to go over the itinerary, meet your guide(s) and answer any questions
WHAT TO BRING FOR SINGRENACOCHA LAKE
- 1 Liter and half of the water (per person- at least!).
- Water-resistant trekking shoes.
- Warm clothing (thermal underwear, fleece, hat, gloves, and socks).
- Waterproof clothing (poncho).
- Synthetic or cotton clothing (socks, trousers, shorts, t-shirts).
- Sunhat and sunglasses.
- Sun cream.
- Water bottles such as Nalgene.
- Basic medications.
- Walking sticks.
- Personal items.
Don’t go to the Singrenacocha Lake in the afternoon in the rainy season because of lighting. Since the high concentration of mineral. There is a high chance to get stricken by lighting.
It is recommended for all ages and all genres, It is also a great option for those travelling with their kids.
It is better to visit Machu Picchu and Cusco first, giving you time to adjust to the mountain air.
If you’re short on time and want to tick-off impressive landscapes in a hurry without committing to much hiking, then Singrenacocha is a very interesting option as a day trip.