Ausangate Trek 4 Days
Ausangate Trek 4 Days offers you a real taste of the Andean life, as you will find and see modest communities where natives still speak the Inca language (Quechua) and where traditional methods of life are still used. Also, you will see hundreds and hundreds of alpacas So if you are wishing to do a genuine Peruvian trek out of the beaten track then this is the right excursion for you.
Ausangate trek 4 days highlights
The Ausangate trek 4 days is different to other treks, mostly because you dont visit Machu Picchu, neither any other Incan ruins. Instead, its highlights are natural attractions, including beautiful glaciers, colorful lakes, precious wildlife, colorful mountains and on the last day, you will enjoy the famous Rainbow Mountain (the second most visited atraction in Peru). In addition, you will hike through remote Andean villages that still keep their traditions.
Why book the Ausangate trek with us?
- You will spend every night in our Cabins and Shelter.
- Our last private campsite is 45 minutes from the Rainbow Mountain so you visit it 2 times, for the sunset and sunrise.
- Horses carry all the equipment and supplies so you can travel light.
- We dont share the service of ausangate trek 4 days with other companies.
- Small groups of 2 to 8 people máximum. This fact sets us apart from other travel companies that take bigger groups.
- AB Expeditions is A 100% locally owned Travel Company and fully licensed Ausangate operator.
- Our Tour Guides pride themselves on being up to date and have a comprehensive programme of continual professional development. We love showing what a fascinating and amazing Ausangate trek is.
AUSANGATE TREK 4 DAYS ITINERARY
Day 1: Cusco – Tinqui– Upis
We will pick you up at 06:00 am and go by private van to the trailhead of our hike at the base of the majestic Mountain Ausangate. We will start the hike From Upispampa. You will hike through many remote villages with many stream crossings until you get the small town of Upis. Here we have our private Cabins where you will spend the night. Our cook will prepare a delicious lunch. After eating, you have an option to hike to the Upis lake which take 2 hours. you will have the chance to enjoy the first starry night, you will remember it for life.
- Walking Distance: 7km/ 4,5 miles.
- hiking hour: 3 hours roughly.
- Trailhead Elevation: 4,220 meters / 13,840 feet.
- Difficulty: moderate.
- Campsite Elevation: 4,320 meters / 14,100 feet.
- Accommodation: Cabins.
Day 2: Upis – Puca Cocha:
We will wake you up at 05:00 am with coca tea or coffee delivered to your tent and you are given delicious breakfast for the day ahead. In The morning start hiking up to Arapa pass (4968m) Along the way we are going to observe local farmers and alpacas, Ausangate snow-capped to your left side, and you will have English speaking guide explaining about flora, fauna and talking about the landscape along the trail. if we are lucky we might see condor, chinchillas, and vicuñas. Also, we will enjoy colorful lakes and get our campsite of Puca Cocha where we are going to be surrounded by high mountains and unbelievable hanging glaciers, watch and hear for the glacier crashing into the tarns below! As usual, tents are going be set up inside the mountain huts for us to change, take a nap and have our lunch. Since this campsite is close to the Puca Cocha Lake, you will go to the lake where you will see many types of ducks, andean geese and many other types of birds. Then you will have dinner at our dinning room which is built with rocks and mud.
- Walking Distance: 10 km/ 6,21 miles
- hiking hour: 5 hours roughly
- Difficulty: moderate/difficult
- Campsite Elevation: 4,500 meters / 14,760 feet.
- Accommodation: Mountain Huts
Day 3: Puca Cocha - Ananta - Kayrawiri
Today is a difficult day, You start with Puca Cocha pass (5051), very colorful mountains which surround you. As well as You have a spectacular view of mount Ausangate and colorful glacier lakes then you will enter into the Red Mountain valley, an intact landscape with vivid colors all around, and llamas eating grass right close to you. Then you will have lunch at our dinning room where our rainbow mountain 2 day spend the night. After our meal, we need to climb the second pass called Warmi Saya pass(15,090ft-4500m-14,000feet)from where, you see this amazing Rainbow Mountain in the distance, but you are not quite there yet! From this place, you go downhill to circle the lake and keep walking a Peruvian flat until we reach our campsite. If the weather is good, we will go to the Rainbow Mountain for the sunset.
- Walking Distance: 10 km/ 6,214 miles
- Campsite Elevation: 4,900 meters / 16,076 feet
- hiking hour: 7 hours roughly
- Difficulty: moderate/difficult
- Accommodation: Camping in huts
Day 4: Kayrawiri – Rainbow Mountain- Red Valley – Cusco
Today is the day you have been waiting for. We will wake you up at 06:00 am with coca tea delivered to your tent then you will hike for about 45 minutes until Rainbow Mountain. you will have time to explore the area and take pictures. We will spend approximately 30 minutes to 1 hour (depend on your trekking speed and weather conditions). After enjoying the RAINBOW MOUNTAIN for about one hour, we go to visit the RED VALLEY which takes another 30 minutes. Then we go to the bus station to catch our van. Today after our last supper we say goodbye to our horseman and the chef and get back to Cusco where you will be dropped off at your hotel around 03:00 pm.
- Walking Distance: 1 km/ 0,621 miles
- Trailhead Elevation: 4,900 meters / 16,076 feet
- Difficulty: Easy
- hiking hour: 45 minutes roughly
- English speaking guide, plus an assistant guide for a big group.
- Professional cook and an assistant cook for a big group and horseman for the mules and horses.
- Mules which carry group gear and large duffels provided by the company, for personal belongings.
- All food on the trek, which incorporates traditional Peruvian cuisine as well as modern fusion cuisine and specific dietary needs.
- Boiled water and snacks.
- Fees to access private land.
- Large Dining tent, table, stools, all cutlery, and kitchen tent.
- Tents to overnight, and Thermarest. Two-person tents are provided for a single person and three-person tents for double people to provide plenty of space for personal gear.
- First aid kit, including oxygen.
- Entrance fee to Rainbow Mountain.
- Private transportation to and from your hotel in Cusco.
- 7 kilograms of your personal belonging.
- Sleeping bag
- Personal trekking gear including, backpacks, trekking poles, sleeping bags. However, they may be rented from the company.
- Personal riding horse. Additional horses may be rented according to the needs of the individual and group.
- Voluntary Tips for Guide, Driver, and Cook-(Please keep in mind that tipping is common in Latin America and would be greatly appreciated).
WHAT TO BRING FOR AUSANGATE TREK 4 DAYS
- Day pack with a Rain cover.
- Torch/ headlamp.
- Extra socks (wool is best).
- Hiking pants and shirts- layers.
- Rain pants.
- swimming suit.
- Camping shoes/ sandals- to wear in the evenings.
- Camping pillow.
- Water-resistant trekking shoes.
- Warm clothing (thermal underwear, fleece, hat, and gloves).
- Waterproof clothing (poncho).
- Synthetic or cotton clothing (trousers, shorts, t-shirts).
- Sunhat and sunglasses.
- Sun cream.
- Lip Balm.
- Camera/ extra battery.
- Water bottles such as Nalgene.
- Basic medications.
- Walking sticks.
- Personal items.
- Personal snacks.
- Cash (if you’d like to purchase souvenirs).
- While we expect the tour will run as the itinerary describes to Ausangate Trek 4 days. Participants should accept that there is the possibility of changes, being necessary liable to local conditions, e.g, strikes, natural disasters.
- This tour is not recommended for children because they may have trouble walking, but if the child enjoys hiking at high altitudes, they can do it.
- If you have medical problems, you should consult your doctor and indicate that you want to or are planning a hike in the Peruvian Andes and the height is 5040 m (16,400 ft) above sea level. If you have medication, you must bring it with you to continue your treatment.
- The higher elevation also means colder, nearly freezing temperatures, so be prepared. If you decide to take a multi-day tour, make sure to wear very warm clothes.
- You will spend every night in shelters.
- Our third campsite is 40 minutes away from the Rainbow Mountain so We have a better chance to enjoy the Rainbow Mountain in solitude.
- If you have altitude sickness symptoms, descend as quickly as you can. It’s nothing to mess around with.
- Our guide always oxygen tanks which are important as you get over 5040 meters/16,500 feet above sea level! Not all travel agencies offer this, so this is definitely something to look out for when choosing the best Ausangate tour operator.
- Make sure you are acclimatized to Cusco’s altitude before you set off on your hike to the Ausangate. This is by far the best insurance of a smooth and enjoyable trip. We recommend you spend at least 3 days in Cusco prior to the excursion.
- batteries tend to die due to cold — keep them in your sleeping bag.
FREQUENT ASK QUESTION
HOW TO BOOK THE AUSANGATE TREK 4 DAY HIKE WITH AB EXPEDITONS?
In order to book your Ausangate trek 4 days with us, we will need a deposit of $100 in total. Once we get your deposit, we will send you a confirmation of your trek and the booking form to fill out. Here is all the detail that you need to send us.
- Personal information (full name of each participant):
- Name of the hotel:
- Phone number:
- Dietary restricion(Vegetarian?)
HOW TO MAKE A DEPOSIT?
You can make your deposit by clicking on the PAYPAL symbols on our page or you need to log into your Paypal account and send the money to firstname.lastname@example.org
WHAT ABOUT THE OUTSTANDING BALANCE?
The Outstanding balance can be made in cash one day earlier your trip in USD or soles or if you prefer PayPal at least one week prior to your trip(7% service fee applies). Also, you can pay us with Credit card only Visa(5% service fee applies). Please let us know what you prefer. Cash payment MUST be paid 1 day prior your trip.
HOW ABOUT THE STUDENT DISCOUNT?
Unfortunatly there is not student discount for Ausangate trek
MAY I CHANGE DEPARTURE DATE?
Yes, it is possible. But you should let us know 48 hours in advance.
DO I NEED TO BRING MY ORIGINAL PASSPORT ON THE AUSANGATE TREK 4 DAYS?
It is not mandatory to bring your Passport. But if you want to have a stamp of Rainbow Mountain, bring it. The stamp on your Passport costs 2 soles.
CAN I STAY IN THE SACRED VALLEY FOR MY AUSANGATE TREK?
Not recommended, because our Ausangate tour groups leave from Cusco. If you stay in sacred we will pick you up 1 hour early than cusco and there will be an upgrade of $30 for the transport from the sacred valley.
WHAT TIME DO WE RETURN TO CUSCO THE LAST DAY?
We usually return to Cusco at 3 pm.