Ausangate Trek 2 Days
Our Ausangate Trek 2 Days with cabins is a good option for those who don’t have much time and is still want to see the Majestic Ausangate Mountain which is the 5 highest mountain in Peru. We have cabins where you will spend the night comfy. You will visit the first-day Ausangate lake and the second day the 7 lakes of Ausangate. At the end of the trip, you will enjoy the hot spring with a beautiful view of the mountains around you and the daily life of the farmers of the community of Pacchanta.
Ausangate trek 2 days hightlighs
The Ausangate trek 2 days offers an array of wildlife including soaring condors, Alpacas, Alpacas, Viscachas, vicunas, bobcats, and pumas if you are lucky. Of course, you will see amazing landscapes and the famous 7 lakes. Something that makes us unique is our Cabins which are located with amazing views of Ausangate and you will also have the chance to take a bath in the hotspring on day first day and the second day after the last lunch.
Why book the Ausangate trek 2-day trek with us?
- Our horsemen are treated with respect. They receive all their equipment for free from our Company AB Expeditions to work on the Ausangate trek 2 days. We provide them a fair salary, a decent tent with a pad, proper meals, trekking shoes, hiking pants, and a Winter hut. We care for their health, well-being, and the health of their families, and we are committed to social projects to improve their lives.
- Small groups. 02 to 08 people maximum. This fact sets us apart from other travel companies that take bigger groups.
- Top-notch equipment. We provide Mountain wear Sleeping bags, Black Diamond trekking poles, and sleeping pads. We only use top brands and quality to guarantee ache-less nights up in the mountains.
- Satellite phones. Our guide brings the satellite phone all the time. We want you to stay in touch with your loved ones at all times.
- Portable toilets. We provide you with an Eco-friendly, comfortable & clean Toilet.
- Hotel to Hotel service. Direct pick-ups and drop-offs from your hotel in Cusco. We will never leave you stranded before or after our Ausangate trek!
- We are a reliable Travel company, practical, punctual, welcoming individuals or groups. Check out our reviews on Trip Advisor.
- 100% Local Company. AB Expeditions is A 100% locally owned Travel Company and fully licensed Ausangate operator.
- Highly Trained Guide. Our Tour Guides pride themselves on being up-to-date and have a comprehensive program of continual professional development. We love showing what a fascinating and amazing Ausangate in Peru is.
- Ground logistics. transportation, Private lands permits, 7 Lakes tickets. We book, secure, and deliver all minuscule details of your hike for you. Worry & stress-free.
- We pay on time. At AB Expeditions, our horsemen, guides, driver, and Cooks receive their salaries as soon as they finish their job.
- We don't share our group of Ausangate trek 2 days with other companies.
- Cabins Included. You will spend the night in our Cabins.
- Our itinerary is specifically designed to get used to the altitude then you start the difficult hike.
- We offer a group discount. If you are more than 3 people, we will give you discounts. Send us an email.
- Horses carry all the equipment and supplies so you can travel light.
AUSANGATE TREK 2 DAYS ITINERARY
Day 1: Cusco – Tinqui – Upis
We will pick you up at 04:00 am from your hotel and go by private van for about 2 hours to the Tinki town where we will get off and see how people are still wearing their typical dress and of course, our guide will explain all about the lifestyle of people who live in a remote áreas. Then we will take our private van again for about 1 hour on a dusty road until Upispampa. Here we will have breakfast prepared by our chef and then start hiking all the way to the campsite. The Trail is up and down for 3 hours. You will hike through many remote villages with many stream crossings until you get to the small town of Upis. Here we have our cabins where you will spend the night warmed. Our cook will prepare a delicious lunch. After enjoying our meal, you have a chance to hike to the Upis lake which takes 2 hours round trip or you can take a bath in the hot spring. After the hike or hotspring, we will eat our dinner, and then we will go outside to have the chance to enjoy the first starry night, you will remember it for life.
- Walking Distance: 7km/ 4,3 miles.
- hiking hour: 3 hours roughly.
- Trailhead Elevation: 4,220 meters / 13,840 feet.
- Difficulty: moderate.
- Campsite Elevation: 4,320 meters / 14,100 feet.
- Accommodation: Cabins.
Day 02: Upis – 7 Lakes – Pacchanta – Cusco
We will wake you up at 5 am with coca tea or coffee delivered to your cabin and you are given a delicious breakfast for the day ahead. Today is another wonderful day, our day starts with a small uphill for about 20 minutes until the viewpoint where you will see Ausangate in its splendor. Then we will hike up and down until the 7 Lakes of Ausangate. We will explore the 7 lakes in about 1 hour today is your last day to enjoy the snow-capped mountain from a near and new angle. After exploring the lakes, we will hike down to the hot springs of Pacchanta where we will enjoy nice and hot water and the vistas of the Ausangate Mount above. Then we will have our lunch and we say goodbye to our horseman and the chef and get back to Cusco where you will be dropped off at your hotel around 5 pm.
- Walking Distance: 12km/ 7,45 miles.
- hiking hour: 7 hours roughly.
- Trailhead Elevation: 4,320 meters / 13,840 feet.
- Difficulty: moderate/difficult.
- Satellite Phone. Ausangate is a remote área where you will not find signal so in case of emergency our guide use our satellite phone.
- Cabins to spend the night.
- English speaking guide with a radio comunication.
- Pre depárture briefing which will be carried our in our Office 1 day prior your departure.
- Toilet with seat.
- The cabins has chairs where you will relax seeing the Ausangate glacier through the windows.
- Professional cook.
- Wake up tea. It can be Coca tea, Coffee, chocolate, or any type of tea.
- Mules which carry all of our trekking gear.
- 7 kilograms of your personal belonging.
- Large duffels bag provided by the company, for your 7 kg personal belongings.
- Wáter every day. We boil wáter and cool down to refill your bottle.
- Happy hour. In the afternoon our cook will prepare hot tea, and you will drink with popcorn, and biscuit.
- A cloth bag for your snack. When our AB Expeditons team went to clean the Aussangate área, we found a lot of plastic along the trail so we are avoiding to use plactic.
- Snacks for the first day and the second day.
- Fees to access private lands of Ausangate trek. .
- The Mountain hard wear sleeping bag is included. It is specially for Ausangate área so you wont be cold.
- Entrance fee to 7 lakes of Ausangate.
- Meals: 2 Breakfast, 2 lunch, and 1 dinner with option for vegetarians, Pescatarian, gluten free, lactose intolerance.
- Private transportation to and from your hotel in Cusco.
- Proper Mattress.
- First aid kit. Every february our guides receive a training about the first aid kid. They carry in their backpack basic medications to face diarreah, altitude sickness, any injuries and etc.
- A metal tank of Oxigen. Our guide will have the tank of oxigen at all time.
- Hygiene Product. We will provide you with a bowl a wáter and towel paper to clean your hands at the campsite.
- Plastic Poncho. When it rains a lot, your jacket will be very wet that s why we give the plastic Poncho to protect you from the heavy rain.
- Rain cover for your backpack.
- Trekking poles. We rent a Black diamond hiking sticks. They cost $5 for the entire trip.
- Personal riding horse. Additional horses may be rented according to the needs of the individual and group.
- Voluntary Tips for Guide, Horsemen, Driver, and Cook.
- Travel Insurance.
WHAT TO BRING FOR AUSANGATE TREK 2 DAYS
- Day pack with a Rain cover.
- Torch/ headlamp.
- Extra socks (wool is best).
- Hiking pants and shirts- layers.
- Rain pants.
- Camping shoes/ sandals- to wear in the evenings.
- Camping pillow.
- Water-resistant trekking shoes.
- Warm clothing (thermal underwear, fleece, hat and gloves).
- Waterproof clothing (poncho).
- Synthetic or cotton clothing (trousers, shorts, t-shirts).
- Sunhat and sunglasses.
- Sun cream.
- Lip Balm.
- Camera/ extra battery.
- Water bottles such as Nalgene.
- Basic medications.
- Walking sticks.
- Personal items.
- Personal snacks.
- Cash (if you’d like to purchase souvenirs).
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR OUR AUSANGATE TREK 2 DAYS
THINGS TO KNOW
- Make sure you are acclimatized to Cusco’s altitude before you set off on your hike to the Ausangate. This is by far the best insurance of a smooth and enjoyable trip. We recommend you spend at least 2 days in Cusco prior to the excursion.
- While we expect the tour will run as the itinerary describes to Ausangate Trek 2 days. Participants should accept that there is the possibility of changes, being necessary liable to local conditions, e.g, strikes, natural disasters.
- If you have medical problems, you should consult your doctor and indicate that you want to or are planning a hike in the Peruvian Andes and the height is 5040 m (16,400 ft) above sea level. If you have medication, you must bring it with you to continue your treatment.
- The higher elevation also means colder, nearly freezing temperatures, so be prepared. If you decide to take a multi-day tour, make sure to wear very warm clothes.
- Our guide always oxygen tanks which are important as you get over 4,850 m(15912 ft) sea level! Not all travel agencies offer this, so this is definitely something to look out for when choosing the best Ausangate tour operator.
- We only organize Ausangate Trek 2 days all year because we have cabins.
- Our pick-up time changed to 5 am from September because the rainy season started and most of the time it rains in the afternoon so It is better to hike in the morning.
- There is no access to a wheelchair.
- This trek will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Daily departures with a group of 2 or more.
07 kilograms of your personal belongings is included with us so we will give you a duffel bag at our office at the end of your briefing..Our horses will carry them and you will have access to them only at the campsites. Put your clothes and other personal items that you won't need hiking. Things like water, snacks, a first aid kit, and rain gear should be in your day pack.
Strikes and roadblocks are frequent in Peru and can disrupt our Ausangate 2-day trek. We will do our best that your hike to Ausangate continues as planned with some changes.
If the strike happens the first day of your Ausangate 2-day hike, we will take you to the trailhead the night before your start date.
If the strike happens the day that you finish your Ausangate 2 days. We will send our vans to Pacchanta one night before. People usually do the strike during the day and during the night is normal So we will start driving at 18:00 pm. You will arrive at Cusco at 11 pm.
The weather is unpredictable in the Andes. The dry season in Ausangate is from April to October and the rainy season is from November through March, but this does not stop rain from falling in dry season or the sun from coming out in rainy season so just be prepared. No matter what season you are hiking Ausangate trek, make sure that you get rain gear such as: a rain jacket, rain pants, poncho, and waterproof gloves.
Ausangate weather changed in minutes. You might experience 4 season in only one day too. So you must be prepared. Layers are the key since they are easy to adapt to different temperature changes. Be prepared with down jacket since the early morning and evening will be very cold.
We recommend you to get a travel insurance because if you cancel your Ausangate 2 day tour in a last-minute it can reimburse you for your prepaid money. Also when you get sick or hurt while you are far away from home, it can reimburse you for care following a covered medical emergency while traveling.
This hike is moderate - difficult because of the altitude, it’s highly recomeded to be in a good physical condition. The first day is easy however the second is difficult because you will hike for about 6 hours.
ACCOMMODATION OPTIONS FOR SOLO PEOPLE
During the Ausangate trek 2 days, solo travelers will be paired to share a tent with another traveler of the same sex and couples will have a tent to themselves.
There is a mandatory pre-departure briefing at our Cusco Office one day before your departure to Ausangate at 6pm. You will meet your guide and He will give you detailed information about your trek, a list of what to bring, rental equipment or questions in general. Our office is located at: Marquez Street 250, Second Floor. Office 03. Cuzco, Peru.
Tipping is common on Ausangate trek 2 days. On the last day of the adventure, we will say goodbye our amazing horseman and profesional chefs. This is the time that you will give a tip for all of them please. Anything extra is always really appreciated. Please know that tipping is not Mandatory and that you should never feel forced into this.
Our customers usually pool their tipping money together for the chef and horsemen. For your tour guide, you tip once he/she will drop you off at your hotel. You decide the amount of money based on your experience with them. Soles is better for Our Horseman and Chefs. Guides can receive U.S. dollars or Soles without any problem.
This is our recommendations below. Sometimes they receive more or less. It is in your heart.
- Tips could be for our Horseman: 20 – 40 soles per Horsemen.
- Tips could be for our Cooks: 50 – 80 soles per cook.
FREQUENT ASK QUESTION
HOW TO BOOK THE AUSANGATE TREK 2 DAY HIKE WITH AB EXPEDITONS?
In order to book your Ausangate trek 2 days with us, Click in the BOOK NOW buttom, then select the day of your depature, then, fill out all your personal information of each participant and the last step is the payment of your deposit of $50 per person.
Also you will find some add ons in our booking platforms such, emergency horse, walking sticks and sleeping bags. Those extras, you can book together with the deposit or you can book on 1 day before your departure at our office in the briefing sesión.
Once we get your deposit, we will send you a manual confirmation Then your trip to Ausangate is 100% confirmed.
WHAT ABOUT THE OUTSTANDING BALANCE?
The Outstanding balance can be made in cash one day earlier your trip in USD or soles. Also, you can pay us with Credit card (5% service fee applies). Please let us know what you prefer. Cash payment MUST be paid 1 day prior your trip.
HOW ABOUT THE STUDENT DISCOUNT?
Unfortunatly there is not student discount for Ausangate trek 2 days.
MAY I CHANGE MY DEPARTURE DATE?
Yes, it is possible. But you should let us know 48 hours in advance.
DO I NEED TO BRING MY ORIGINAL PASSPORT ON THE AUSANGATE TREK 2 DAYS?
It is not mandatory to bring your Passport.
CAN I STAY IN THE SACRED VALLEY FOR MY AUSANGATE TREK 2 DAYS?
Not recommended, because our Ausangate tour groups leave from Cusco. If you stay in sacred we will pick you up 1 hour early than cusco and there will be an upgrade of $30 for the transport from the sacred valley.
what makes us different