Ausangate Trek 2 Days
Our Ausangate Trek 2 Days with cabins is a good option for those who don’t have much time and is still want to see the Majestic Ausangate Mountain which is the 5 highest mountain in Peru. We have cabins where you will spend the night comfy. You will visit the first-day Ausangate lake and the second day the 7 lakes of Ausangate. At the end of the trip, you will enjoy the hot spring with a beautiful view of the mountains around you and the daily life of the farmers of the community of Pacchanta.
AUSANGATE TREK 2 DAYS ITINERARY
Day 1: Cusco – Tinqui – Upis
We will pick you up at 06:00 am and go by private van to the trailhead of our hike at the base of the majestic Mountain Ausangate. We will start the hike From Upispampa. You will hike through many remote villages with many stream crossings until you get the small town of Upis. Here we have our cabins where you will spend warmed. Our cook will prepare a delicious lunch. After eating, you hike to the Ausangate lake which take 2 hours. you will have the chance to enjoy the first starry night, you will remember it for life.
Day 02: Upis – 7 Lakes – Pacchanta – Cusco
We will wake you up at 5 am with coca tea or coffee delivered to your cabin and you are given delicious breakfast for the day ahead. Today is another wonderful day, we will enjoy many colorful lakes. You will hike to the 7 lakes of Ausangate. In your right side the unparalleled Ausangate mount is still visible, today is your last day to enjoy the snow-capped mountain from a near and new angle. Our purpose is to get the hot springs of Pacchanta where we will enjoy nice and hot water and the vistas of the Ausangate Mount above. Today after our last supper we say goodbye to our horseman and the chef and get back to Cusco where you will be dropped off at your hotel around 5 pm.
- English speaking guide, plus an assistant guide for big groups.
- Professional cook and an assistant cook for a big group and horseman for the mules and horses.
- Mules which carry group gear and large duffels provided by the company, for personal belongings.
- All food on the trek, which incorporates traditional Peruvian cuisine as well as modern fusion cuisine and specific dietary needs.
- Boiled water and snacks.
- Large Dining tent, table, stools, all cutlery, and kitchen tent.
- Tents to overnight, and Thermarest. Two-person tents are provided for a single person and three-person tents for double people to provide plenty space for personal gear.
- Additional horses for riding can be provided for an additional cost.
- First aid kit, including oxygen.
- A pre-trek briefing.
- Entrance fee to Rainbow Mountain.
- Private transportation to and from your hotel in Cusco.
- 7 kilograms of your personal belonging.
- sleeping bag.
- Gratuity for guides, cooks, and horseman.
WHAT TO BRING FOR AUSANGATE TREK 2 DAYS
- Day pack with a Rain cover.
- Torch/ headlamp.
- Extra socks (wool is best).
- Hiking pants and shirts- layers.
- Rain pants.
- Camping shoes/ sandals- to wear in the evenings.
- Camping pillow.
- Water-resistant trekking shoes.
- Warm clothing (thermal underwear, fleece, hat and gloves).
- Waterproof clothing (poncho).
- Synthetic or cotton clothing (trousers, shorts, t-shirts).
- Sunhat and sunglasses.
- Sun cream.
- Lip Balm.
- Camera/ extra battery.
- Water bottles such as Nalgene.
- Basic medications.
- Walking sticks.
- Personal items.
- Personal snacks.
- Cash (if you’d like to purchase souvenirs).
While we expect the tour will run as the itinerary describes to Ausangate Trek 2 days. Participants should accept that there is the possibility of changes, being necessary liable to local conditions, e.g, strikes, natural disasters.
If you have medical problems, you should consult your doctor and indicate that you want to or are planning a hike in the Peruvian Andes and the height is 5040 m (16,400 ft) above sea level. If you have medication, you must bring it with you to continue your treatment.
The higher elevation also means colder, nearly freezing temperatures, so be prepared. If you decide to take a multi-day tour, make sure to wear very warm clothes.
You will spend the night on our Cabin.
If you have altitude sickness symptoms, descend as quickly as you can. It’s nothing to mess around with.
Our guide always oxygen tanks which are important as you get over 4,850 m(15912 ft) sea level! Not all travel agencies offer this, so this is definitely something to look out for when choosing the best Ausangate tour operator.
Make sure you are acclimatized to Cusco’s altitude before you set off on your hike to the Ausangate. This is by far the best insurance of a smooth and enjoyable trip. We recommend you spend at least 3 days in Cusco prior to the excursion.