Ausangate Trek 2 Days
Our Ausangate Trek 2 Days with cabins is a good option for those who don’t have much time and is still want to see the Majestic Ausangate Mountain which is the 5 highest mountain in Peru. We have cabins where you will spend the night comfy. You will visit the first-day Ausangate lake and the second day the 7 lakes of Ausangate. At the end of the trip, you will enjoy the hot spring with a beautiful view of the mountains around you and the daily life of the farmers of the community of Pacchanta.
Ausangate trek 2 days hightlighs
The Ausangate trek 2 days offers an array of wildlife including soaring condors, Alpacas, Alpacas, Viscachas, vicunas, bobcats, lakes of different colors and pumas. Our Cabins are located with amazing view of Ausangate and you will also have the chance to take a bath on day first day and the second day.
Why book the Ausangate trek 2 day trek with us?
- You will spend night in our Cabins.
- You will visit the 7 lakes of Ausangate.
- On day one, you can take bath in the hotspring and on day 02, you can take a bath after your 6 hours of hiking at Pacchanta.
- Our itinerary is specifically designed to get used to the altitude then you start dificult hike.
- We offer group discount.
- Horses carry all the equipment and supplies so you can travel light.
- We dont share the service of ausangate trek 2 day hike with other companies.
- Small groups of 2 to 8 people máximum. This fact sets us apart from other travel companies that take bigger groups.
- AB Expeditions is A 100% locally owned Travel Company and fully licensed Ausangate operator.
- Our Tour Guides pride themselves on being up to date and have a comprehensive programme of continual professional development. We love showing what a fascinating and amazing Ausangate trek is.
AUSANGATE TREK 2 DAYS ITINERARY
Day 1: Cusco – Tinqui – Upis
We will pick you up at 06:00 am and go by private van for about 3 hours to the trailhead of our hike at the base of the majestic Mountain Ausangate. We will start the hike From Upispampa. You will hike through many remote villages with many stream crossings until you get the small town of Upis. Here we have our cabins where you will spend the night warmed. Our cook will prepare a delicious lunch. After eating, you have chance to hike to the Upis lake which take 2 hours round trip or you can take bath at the hotspring. At night you will have the chance to enjoy the first starry night, you will remember it for life.
- Walking Distance: 7km/ 4,5 miles.
- hiking hour: 3 hours roughly.
- Trailhead Elevation: 4,220 meters / 13,840 feet.
- Difficulty: moderate.
- Campsite Elevation: 4,320 meters / 14,100 feet.
- Accommodation: Cabins.
Day 02: Upis – 7 Lakes – Pacchanta – Cusco
We will wake you up at 5 am with coca tea or coffee delivered to your cabin and you are given delicious breakfast for the day ahead. Today is another wonderful day, we will enjoy many colorful lakes. You will hike to the 7 lakes of Ausangate. In your right side the unparalleled Ausangate mount is still visible, today is your last day to enjoy the snow-capped mountain from a near and new angle. Our purpose is to get the hot springs of Pacchanta where we will enjoy nice and hot water and the vistas of the Ausangate Mount above. Today after our last supper we say goodbye to our horseman and the chef and get back to Cusco where you will be dropped off at your hotel around 5 pm.
- Walking Distance: 12km/ 7,45 miles.
- hiking hour: 7 hours roughly.
- Trailhead Elevation: 4,320 meters / 13,840 feet.
- Difficulty: moderate/difficult.
- English speaking guide, plus an assistant guide for big groups.
- Professional cook and an assistant cook for a big group and horseman for the mules and horses.
- Mules which carry group gear and large duffels provided by the company, for personal belongings.
- All food on the trek, which incorporates traditional Peruvian cuisine as well as modern fusion cuisine and specific dietary needs.
- Boiled water and snacks.
- Large Dining tent, table, stools, all cutlery, and kitchen tent.
- Cabins to overnight, and mattress.
- First aid kit, including oxygen.
- Entrance fee to Ausangate lands.
- Private transportation to and from your hotel in Cusco.
- 7 kilograms of your personal belonging.
- Sleeping Bags.
- Gratuity for guides, cooks, and horseman.
WHAT TO BRING FOR AUSANGATE TREK 2 DAYS
- Day pack with a Rain cover.
- Torch/ headlamp.
- Extra socks (wool is best).
- Hiking pants and shirts- layers.
- Rain pants.
- Camping shoes/ sandals- to wear in the evenings.
- Camping pillow.
- Water-resistant trekking shoes.
- Warm clothing (thermal underwear, fleece, hat and gloves).
- Waterproof clothing (poncho).
- Synthetic or cotton clothing (trousers, shorts, t-shirts).
- Sunhat and sunglasses.
- Sun cream.
- Lip Balm.
- Camera/ extra battery.
- Water bottles such as Nalgene.
- Basic medications.
- Walking sticks.
- Personal items.
- Personal snacks.
- Cash (if you’d like to purchase souvenirs).
- While we expect the tour will run as the itinerary describes to Ausangate Trek 2 days. Participants should accept that there is the possibility of changes, being necessary liable to local conditions, e.g, strikes, natural disasters.
- If you have medical problems, you should consult your doctor and indicate that you want to or are planning a hike in the Peruvian Andes and the height is 5040 m (16,400 ft) above sea level. If you have medication, you must bring it with you to continue your treatment.
- The higher elevation also means colder, nearly freezing temperatures, so be prepared. If you decide to take a multi-day tour, make sure to wear very warm clothes.
- You will spend the night on our Cabin.
- If you have altitude sickness symptoms, descend as quickly as you can. It’s nothing to mess around with.
- Our guide always oxygen tanks which are important as you get over 4,850 m(15912 ft) sea level! Not all travel agencies offer this, so this is definitely something to look out for when choosing the best Ausangate tour operator.
- Make sure you are acclimatized to Cusco’s altitude before you set off on your hike to the Ausangate. This is by far the best insurance of a smooth and enjoyable trip. We recommend you spend at least 3 days in Cusco prior to the excursion.
FREQUENT ASK QUESTION
HOW TO BOOK THE AUSANGATE TREK 2 DAY HIKE WITH AB EXPEDITONS?
In order to book your Ausangate trek 2 days with us, Click in the BOOK NOW buttom, then select the day of your depature, then, fill out all your personal information of each participant and the last step is the payment of your deposit of $50 per person.
Once we get your deposit, we will send you a confirmation of your trek and the booking form to fill out. Here is all the detail that you need to send us.
Personal information (your full name, exactly as on your passport):
- Full name:
- Hotel name:
- Dietary restriction:
***We need copies of Passport of each participants because they are required when purchasing Ausangate trek permits.
WHAT ABOUT THE OUTSTANDING BALANCE?
The Outstanding balance can be made in cash one day earlier your trip in USD or soles or if you prefer PayPal at least one week prior to your trip(7% service fee applies). Also, you can pay us with Credit card only Visa(5% service fee applies). Please let us know what you prefer. Cash payment MUST be paid 1 day prior your trip.
HOW ABOUT THE STUDENT DISCOUNT?
Unfortunatly there is not student discount for Ausangate trek 2 days.
MAY I CHANGE MY DEPARTURE DATE?
Yes, it is possible. But you should let us know 48 hours in advance.
DO I NEED TO BRING MY ORIGINAL PASSPORT ON THE AUSANGATE TREK 2 DAYS?
It is not mandatory to bring your Passport.
CAN I STAY IN THE SACRED VALLEY FOR MY AUSANGATE TREK 2 DAYS?
Not recommended, because our Ausangate tour groups leave from Cusco. If you stay in sacred we will pick you up 1 hour early than cusco and there will be an upgrade of $30 for the transport from the sacred valley.