AUSANGATE 7 LAKES 1 DAY HIKE
Huchuy Qosqo Trek – 3 Day
Huchuy Qosqo Trek 3 day is a nice and not challenging option for you. It has amazing landscapes, great canyons and authentic villages which are rarely visited by tourists. This short trek offers you amazing snowcapped mountains, original paved Inca trail, and wonderful landscapes, taking you off the beaten track. This trek is a perfect option for those who have a short time frame or who are beginners.
HUCHUY QOSQO TREK – 3 DAY ITINERARY
Day 1: Cusco – Patabamba Town – Huchuy Qosqo
We will pick you up at your hotel at 05:00 am for your Huchuy Qosqo trek and then we will drive in our private transport to the village of Patabamba which is at (3,800m/12,467 ft), just1 hour from Cusco. Once we arrive, we put our backpacks on and get ready to start a gentle hike uphill for the next 3 hours to get to the highest point of our trek (4,200m/13,779ft). From there, we have amazing views of the snow-capped mountains in front of us and the sacred valleys. Then we hike down towards the village of Pucamarca and spend the time at the Inca ruins of Patabamba.
From there, we hike through the original Inca trail into the Inca city of Huchuy Qosqo. There, we have time to explore the Inca Ruins and then we walk to our homestay. Here, your guide will introduce you to the local family who will show you to your room where you will spend the night. Late in the afternoon, you will drink your tea, and later we have dinner with your local family! And we will have a chance to go out to the amazing milky way.
Day 2: Huchuy Qosco – Ollantaytambo – Aguas Calientes
After enjoying delicious breakfast in a local house, you will have guided tour of the Huchuy Qosqo Inca ruins, in which you will explore amazing Inca temples, sacred temples, farming terraces, storehouses, water channels, and an original Inca reservoir. After that, have time to explore everything then we hike downhill to Lamay village for 2 hours. Our private van will transport you to Urubamba city where we will have lunch.
Afterward, we head to the archaeological site of Moray also known as “The Greenhouses of the Incas,” which is a unique and fascinating site, built by the Incas. Different levels of terraces are carved into a huge bowl, part of which was further excavated by the Incas. After you, have time to enjoy and explore the site, we continue driving towards the colonial town of Maras and to the Pre-Inca Salt Mine (Salineras). Thousands of saltpans have been used for salt extraction since before Inca times.
After that, we continue our journey to Ollantaytambo town where we will explore the stunning astronomical Inca City of Ollantaytambo. By late afternoon, we take the 19:04 train to Aguas Calientes, where we spend the night in a hotel(La Retama)
Day 3: Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu – Cusco
This is the day you’ve been waiting for! We will leave our hotel to take the bus for the journey up to Machu Picchu LLacta. Once we get there, we will visit one of the most important places in the world: Machu Picchu. We will have 2 hours guided tour which will take us into the history of this mysterious and charming Inca ruin. Your guide will expertly direct you through the enigmatic ruins and its most important sites. You will visit the Temple of the Sun, Temple of the Condor, Temple of Three Windows, Sun Dial, Quarry, the House of the Inka, the urban areas, agricultural terraces, and many different types of architecture. Then, you have plenty of time for further exploring, taking photos and the option to climb Huayna Picchu Mountain
After that, we head back to Aguas Calientes. In the afternoon, we take the return Expedition train to Ollantaytambo which departs at 14:55. After 1 hour And a half you will get to Ollantaytambo where our driver will wait for us then He will take back to Cusco. We will arrive to Cusco at 07:00 pm
- Briefing at our office the night before the trekking departure
- Pick up from your hotel in the morning of the trek departure
- Entry fee to Machu Picchu
- Entrance tickets to Moray, Salt Mines and Ollantaytambo
- Entry to Huchuy Qosqo
- Guided tour of Machu Picchu
- Homestay with local family
- English speaking experienced professional tour guide
- Meals as indicated in the itinerary (optional vegetarian food with prior request)
- 2 Bus tickets from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu and return to Aguas Calientes
- First Aid kit including emergency oxygen bottle
- Round trip train ticket (expedition service) from Ollantaytambo to Aguas Calientes
- Private transport from Ollantaytambo to your hotel in Cusco
- Celebration dinner in Ollantaytambo
- Hotel in Aguas Calientes with private bathroom and room, hot shower, phone, storage, wifi and breakfast included!
- Rain ponchos
- First breakfast and last lunch
WHAT TO BRING FOR HUCHUY QOSQO TREK
- Original Passport and Original Green ISIC international student cards if you are students.
- Water-resistant trekking shoes and sandals.
- Warm clothing (thermal underwear, fleece, hat, gloves, socks).
- Waterproof clothing (poncho).
- Synthetic or cotton clothing (socks, trousers, shorts, t-shirts).
- Sunhat and sunglasses.
- Sun cream and insect repellent.
- Water bottles such as Nalgene.
- Basic medications.
- Walking sticks.
- Personal items.
- Personal snacks.