Huchuy Qosqo Trek – 3 Day
Huchuy Qosqo Trek 3 day is a nice and not challenging option for you. It has amazing landscapes, great canyons and authentic villages which are rarely visited by tourists. This short trek offers you amazing snowcapped mountains, original paved Inca trail, and wonderful landscapes, taking you off the beaten track. This trek is a perfect option for those who have a short time frame or who are beginners.
- Hike to Huchuy qosqo with very few people.
- Explore Huchuy qosqo rarely visited tourist atraction in Sacred Valley.
- Hike through the stunning landscape that the Sacred valley offer.
- Finish visiting the new seven wonder of the world(Machu Picchu).
- Enjoy the amazing flora and fauna that the Huchuy Qosqo trek offer.
- You will visit the rarely visited local communities, learn their Customs and traditions.
- Learn about the history and architecture in Huchuy qosqo inca ruins.
Why should you hike Huchuy Qosqo trek 3 days with us?
- We offer you the best route which is from Patabamba to Lamay. You will see, Waterfall, local people, Sacred Valley above, original Inca Trail, glacier, and amazing landscape.
- We include you 7 kilogramof your personal belongings.
- Small groups of 2 to 8 people máximum. This fact sets us apart from other travel companies that take bigger groups.
- Your return train ticket on day 3 is at 02:55 pm from Aguas Calientes. Therefore you arrive to Cusco early so you will sleep enough to do any tour the next day.
- We dont share our group of Huchuy Qosqo trek 3 days with other companies.
- We are practical, punctual, reliable Travel company, welcoming individuals or groups. Check out our reviews on trip advisor.
- At AB Expeditions, horsesmen, guides, driver, and Cooks receive their salary as soon they finish their job.
- AB Expeditions is A 100% locally owned Travel Company and fully licensed Huchuy qosqo trek operator.
- Our Tour Guides pride themselves on being up to date and have a comprehensive programme of continual professional development. We love showing what a fascinating and amazing Inca trail is.
HUCHUY QOSQO TREK – 3 DAY ITINERARY
Day 1: Cusco – Patabamba Town – Huchuy Qosqo
We will pick you up at your hotel at 05:00 am for your Huchuy Qosqo trek and then we will drive in our private transport to the village of Patabamba which is at (3,800m/12,467 ft), just1 hour from Cusco. Once we arrive, we put our backpacks on and get ready to start a gentle hike uphill for the next 3 hours to get to the highest point of our trek (4,200m/13,779ft). From there, we have amazing views of the snow-capped mountains in front of us and the sacred valleys. Then we hike down towards the village of Pucamarca and spend the time at the Inca ruins of Patabamba.
From there, we hike through the original Inca trail into the Inca city of Huchuy Qosqo. There, we have time to explore the Inca Ruins and then we walk to our homestay. Here, your guide will introduce you to the local family who will show you to your room where you will spend the night. Late in the afternoon, you will drink your tea, and later we have dinner with your local family! And we will have a chance to go out to the amazing milky way.
Day 2: Huchuy Qosco – Ollantaytambo – Aguas Calientes
After enjoying delicious breakfast in a local house, you will have guided tour of the Huchuy Qosqo Inca ruins, in which you will explore amazing Inca temples, sacred temples, farming terraces, storehouses, water channels, and an original Inca reservoir. After that, have time to explore everything then we hike downhill to Lamay village for 2 hours. Our private van will transport you to Urubamba city where we will have lunch.
Afterward, we head to the archaeological site of Moray also known as “The Greenhouses of the Incas,” which is a unique and fascinating site, built by the Incas. Different levels of terraces are carved into a huge bowl, part of which was further excavated by the Incas. After you, have time to enjoy and explore the site, we continue driving towards the colonial town of Maras and to the Pre-Inca Salt Mine (Salineras). Thousands of saltpans have been used for salt extraction since before Inca times.
After that, we continue our journey to Ollantaytambo town where we will explore the stunning astronomical Inca City of Ollantaytambo. By late afternoon, we take the 19:04 train to Aguas Calientes, where we spend the night in a hotel(La Retama)
Day 3: Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu – Cusco
This is the day you’ve been waiting for! We will leave our hotel to take the bus for the journey up to Machu Picchu LLacta. Once we get there, we will visit one of the most important places in the world: Machu Picchu. We will have 2 hours guided tour which will take us into the history of this mysterious and charming Inca ruin. Your guide will expertly direct you through the enigmatic ruins and its most important sites. You will visit the Temple of the Sun, Temple of the Condor, Temple of Three Windows, Sun Dial, Quarry, the House of the Inka, the urban areas, agricultural terraces, and many different types of architecture. Then, you have plenty of time for further exploring, taking photos and the option to climb Huayna Picchu Mountain
After that, we head back to Aguas Calientes. In the afternoon, we take the return Expedition train to Ollantaytambo which departs at 14:55. After 1 hour And a half you will get to Ollantaytambo where our driver will wait for us then He will take back to Cusco. We will arrive to Cusco at 07:00 pm
- Briefing at our office the night before the trekking departure
- Pick up from your hotel in the morning of the trek departure
- Entry fee to Machu Picchu
- Entrance tickets to Moray, Salt Mines and Ollantaytambo
- Entry to Huchuy Qosqo
- Guided tour of Machu Picchu
- Homestay with local family
- English speaking experienced professional tour guide
- Meals as indicated in the itinerary (optional vegetarian food with prior request)
- 2 Bus tickets from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu and return to Aguas Calientes
- First Aid kit including emergency oxygen bottle
- Round trip train ticket (expedition service) from Ollantaytambo to Aguas Calientes
- Private transport from Ollantaytambo to your hotel in Cusco
- Celebration dinner in Ollantaytambo
- Hotel in Aguas Calientes with private bathroom and room, hot shower, phone, storage, wifi and breakfast included!
- Rain ponchos
- First breakfast
- Lunch - Day 4
- Tips (optional).
WHAT TO BRING FOR HUCHUY QOSQO TREK
- Original Passport and Original Green ISIC international student cards if you are students.
- Water-resistant trekking shoes and sandals.
- Warm clothing (thermal underwear, fleece, hat, gloves, socks).
- Waterproof clothing (poncho).
- Synthetic or cotton clothing (socks, trousers, shorts, t-shirts).
- Sunhat and sunglasses.
- Sun cream and insect repellent.
- Water bottles such as Nalgene.
- Basic medications.
- Walking sticks.
- Personal items.
- Personal snacks.
FREQUENT ASKED QUESTION
HOW TO BOOK THE HUCHUY QOSQO TREK 3 DAYS WITH AB EXPEDITONS?
In order to book your Huchuy Qosqo trek with us, Click in the BOOK NOW buttom above, then select the day of your depature, then fill out all your personal information of each participant and the last step is the payment which you can do with your Credit card or debit Card. Send us only the deposit.
WHAT ABOUT THE OUTSTANDING BALANCE?
The Outstanding balance can be made in cash one day earlier your trip in USD or soles or if you prefer PayPal at least one week prior to your trip(7% service fee applies). Also, you can pay us with Credit card only Visa(5% service fee applies). Please let us know what you prefer. Cash payment MUST be paid 1 day prior your trip.
CAN I STORE MY LUGGAGE AT YOUR OFFICE?
Yes! During the Huchuy Qosqo trek to Machu Picchu, you can store your luggage at our office or at your hotel, whichever is more convenient for you. Please bring what you will only need during your trip to Machu Picchu.
HOW ABOUT THE STUDENT DISCOUNT?
According to Peruvian Law, you have to be under 18 years old at the time of your hike to Huchuy Qosqo trek (if you are 18 or over, you need to have valid student cards). Below you will see the the discount.
- All students from 11 to 17 years old have a discount of $30 USD.
- For children from 2 to 11 years old have a discount is $40 USD.
All students have to send a copy of their passport and student card at the time of their booking to get the student discount. Send us a copy to email@example.com
MAY I CHANGE DEPARTURE DATE AFTER THE PERMITS HAVE BEEN BOUGHT?
Unfortunately it is not possible. Peruvian government doesn t allow us to change once the Machu Picchu permits have been bought. Machu Picchu permits are not transferable nor refundable. . The only information that the government allows us to change is passport numbers.
DO I NEED TO BRING MY ORIGINAL PASSPORT ON THE HUCHUY QOSQO TREK TO MACHU PICCHU?
Yes! You must bring your original passport and it is very important that it should be same passport you sent us to reserve your Machu Picchu permit. Your passport will be checked at Machu Picchu checkpoint and when you board the train.
UPDATING PASSPORT NUMBERS
If you are renewing your passport, go ahead and email us a copy of your old passport to book your Machu Pichu permit. If you no longer have your old passport, any government issue ID will be accepted, as long as the name is the same. Once you receive your new passport. Please email us a copy of your new passport ASAP to change the information of your permit.
CAN I STAY IN THE SACRED VALLEY FOR MY HUCHUY QOSQO TREK 3 DAYS?
Unfortunatly not. Our Huchuy Qosqo trek leaves from Cusco.
IF I CANCEL MY HUCHUY QOSQO 3 DAY HIKE. DO I GET ANY REFUND?
In case our country close the borders, we refund you alll the deposit. But if you dont make our country for whatever reason, you get sick or miss your flight or there is strike or natural desaster. You will lose USD $150 automatically. Once the Machu Picchu pemit is bought they become non-refundable or transferable, The entity in charge of issuing the Machu Picchu permits is the Ministery of culture of Peru and Peru Rail who is charge of train ticket. They don’t provide any refund.