Rainbow Mountain Peru Tour - 1 Day
Book your Rainbow Mountain Peru Tour – 1 Day trek with us and be there among the first people! There is only one spot to take the classical picture of this mountain
RAINBOW MOUNTAIN 1 DAY TREK HIGHLIGHTS
Throughout your Rainbow Mountain 1 day Hike, you will hike through a vibrant green valley with the Magnificent views of snow-capped Mountains, seeing Llamas, Alpacas and Ausangate Glacier towering in the distance, on the final part, you will hike through the gorgeous red valley, where you feel as though you are on planet Mars.
Don't miss to visit the Classic Rainbow Mountain (Vinicunca) with AB expeditions and beat the crowds!
Why you should hike Rainbow Mountain with us?
- We skip the crowds!— Everybody else goes to Rainbow Mountain at the same time. That means they’re all up at the top at the same time. There is only one spot to take the classical picture of the Rainbow Mountain(Vinicunca) and it wouldn’t be pleased with a huge crowd of people. Since we leave from Cusco at 03:00 am. You will get the Rainbow Mountain before the crowd.
- Our cook will prepare home made lunch in a local house.
- We have a chance to visit the guinea pigs of a local family raised in a traditional way.
- Our guide always bring oxygen tanks which is important as you get over 5040 meters/16,500 feet above sea level! Not all travel agencies offer this, so this is definitely something to look out for when choosing the best Rainbow Mountain tour operator.
- We also visit to the Red Valley.
- Small groups(a máximum 06 people).
- You will take your time and you will enjoy the hike without pressuse.
- Friendly, attentive, tour guides with fluent English and ample knowledge on all things concerning Rainbow Mountain(vinicunca) Peru.
- AB Expeditions is most reliable tour operator. Check out our reviews on trip Advisor.
RAINBOW MOUNTAIN PERU TOUR ITINERARY:
You will be picked up from your hotel around 03:00 am. We proceed to drive nearly 3 hours in a private van to the trailhead where we will provide you box breakfast upon arrival to fuel up for the trek ahead of you. After enjoying our breakfast we start hiking. We are going to hike around 1 hour roughly until the top of the RAINBOW MOUNTAIN, we will have time to explore the area and take pictures. you will spend approximately 30 minutes to 1 hour (depend on your trekking speed and weather conditions).
After enjoying the Rainbow Mountains for about one hour, we go to visit the RED VALLEY which takes another 30 minutes. Then we get back to the trailhead (1 hour roughly), where we catch our van, then we drive for one hour more to our Lunch spot which is Ttio Community (3,250m/11,000feet) where you eat your home made lunch in a local house prepared by our AB Expeditions professional chef. After the meals we have a chance to visit the guinea pigs of the family. Then we drive back to Cusco. We will drop you off at your hotel around 4 pm roughly.
- English speaking guide, plus an assistant guide for a big group.
- First aid kit, including oxygen.
- Breakfast and lunch prepared by our chef.
- Snacks for the trek.
- Private transportation to and from your hotel in Cusco.
- Entrance fees to Rainbow Mountain.
- Entrance fees to the Red Valley.
- pick up and drop off from the hotel.
- Pre-Trek briefing the night before the trek to go over the itinerary, meet your guide(s) and answer any questions.
- Personal trekking gear including, backpacks, trekking poles, and Trekking shoes. However, they may be rented from the company.
- Gratitudes for guides.
- Personal riding horse. Additional horses may be rented according to the needs of the individual and group.
WHAT TO BRING FOR RAINBOW MOUNTAIN PERU TOUR
- 1 Liter and half of the water (per person- at least!).
- Personal snacks (optional).
- Water-resistant trekking shoes.
- Warm clothing (thermal underwear, fleece, hat, gloves, and socks).
- Waterproof clothing (poncho).
- Synthetic or cotton clothing (socks, trousers, shorts, t-shirts).
- Sunhat and sunglasses.
- Sun cream.
- Water bottles such as Nalgene.
- Basic medications.
- Walking sticks.
- Personal items.
ADDITIONAL INFO FOR RAINBOW MOUNTAIN DAY TRIP
- It is not recommended for people who have heart problem or other serious medical condition
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Minimum age is 08 years old.
- Not recommended for people over 60 years of age.
- It is not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not wheelchair accessible
THINGS TO KNOW
- Higher elevation also means colder, nearly freezing temperatures, so be prepared. Whether you decide to take a one-day tour, make sure to wear very warm clothes. Also bring coca leaves to fight off altitude sickness and carry the minimum gear possible to ease the hike.
- Try to go all the way to the viewpoint. You get a 360° view not just a rainbow Mountain, but of the nearby glacier and a gorgeous valley in the other direction. We think most people didn’t realize what they were missing by not going all the way up.
- The best time to visit the Rainbow Mountain is going to be in the morning or evening hours, either right after sunrise, or right before sunset.
- The hike to the top is no joke. Constantly changing weather conditions, combined with high altitude, can be a challenge for experienced hikers. But if done right it’s manageable even for those who don’t hike much.
- Don’t go to the Rainbow Mountain in the afternoon in the rainy season because of lighting. Since the high concentration of mineral. There is a high chance to get stricken by lighting.
- When you go to the Plaza de Armas in Cusco, you’ll find tons of agencies that offer this same tour “cheap” but remember: you get what you pay for. In many cases, some agencies may charge much less but will send you on a tour where the groups are 25, 35 more tourists and one guide. We offer our exclusive service tour where the minimum is 2 and the maximum is 8 people per group.
- Dont forget Passport stamp on Rainbow mountain. It cost 2 soles.
- Make sure you are acclimatized to Cusco’s altitude before you set off on your hike to the Rainbow Mountain. This is by far the best insurance for a smooth and enjoyable trip. We recommend you spend at least 2 days in Cusco prior to the excursion.
- Don’t forget wáter!. Drinking lots of water will help with the altitude. We advise bringing at least 2 liters per person on the hike with you and have an extra bottle to leave in the van for when you get back.
- Go to sleep early and try to avoid drinking or partying the night before, because We will pick you up at 03:00 am and the physically challenging trek will be much more bearable without a hangover.
- If you have altitude sickness symptoms, descend as quickly as you can. It’s nothing to mess around with.
- If you are going to Machu Picchu the day before your trip to the Rainbow Mountain, tell your travel company to book your return train ticket early.
FREQUENT ASK QUESTION
HOW TO BOOK THE RAINBOW MOUNTAIN 1-DAY TREK WITH AB EXPEDITIONS?
In order to book your Rainbow Mountain with us, you need to click on the BOOK NOW button above, then select the day of your departure, then, fill out all your personal information of each participant and the last step is the payment of your deposit of $20 per person. Once we receive your deposit, we will send a confirmation to your email. So your trip to Rainbow Mountain is 100% confirmed.
WHEN SHOULD I PAY THE OUTSTANDING BALANCE?
Your remaining balance can be made in cash at our office in Cusco 1 day earlier your trip in USD or soles or if you prefer Credit Card at least one week prior to your trip(a 5% service fee applies). It is better to pay us with cash because there is not any transaction fee. Please let us know what you prefer.
IS THE ANY STUDENT DISCOUNT?
Unfortunately, we don't have a student discount for our Rainbow Mountain day trip.
WHY IS YOUR PRICE MORE EXPENSIVE THAN THE OTHER TRAVEL AGENCIES?
Of course, you will find a Rainbow Mountain trip for a lower price on the Street. They take 20 people in a group with one guide thats why their Price is cheaper. Also, the guides are students who are learning to guide so they charge less and they don't even bring oxygen. However, we take small groups maximum of 6 people with an English-speaking tour guide who has a lot of experience. Also, we bring our cook who will prepare the food. As well as our drivers drive carefully. We can even mention more things but those are the most important ones.
DO I NEED TO BRING MY ORIGINAL PASSPORT ON THE RAINBOW MOUNTAIN PERU TOUR?
It is not mandatory to bring your Passport. But if you want to have a stamp on it, bring it. The stamp on your Passport costs 2 soles.
CAN I STAY IN THE SACRED VALLEY FOR MY RAINBOW MOUNTAIN TRIP?
Not, because our Rainbow Mountain tour groups leave from Cusco. If you stay in the sacred valley, we can take you in private service and there will be an upgrade of $30 for the transport from the sacred valley.