Moray and maras salt pools - half day tour
On our Moray and Maras salt pools– Half Day tour. You will explore the ancient work of the Incas at the Moray terraces, marvel at the spectacular salt mines of Maras and we will visit the textile center of Chinchero on a breathtaking half-day tour from Cusco.
Explore the best part of Maras and Salt pool in only half day! This is ideal option for those having short time, and in the afternoon you go back to Cusco to buy some sourvenirs or Visit city tour. You will enjoy all the must-see Tourist sites in the area such as Chinchero textile with Alpacas, Moray, Moray, and the Salt pools.
Why should you take Maras and Salt pools with us?
- You will be pick up and drop off at your hotel.
- Our pick up is 7 am so we male every effort to avoid the crowd.
- Our tour is not a standard bus tour to the Maras Moray and Salt pools, unlike the standard tours, we dont waste your time by visiting at commissions stores. You get to explore and experience the real maras moray tour spending more time in the sites.
- Our tour is in a small group so you enjoy a personal tour, go at your own pace and you will talk to your tour guide and ask questions and be involved during the trip.
- We dont share our group with other companies.
- AB Expeditions is A 100% locally owned Travel Company and fully licensed Maras and Salt pools operator.
- Small groups of 2 to 8 people máximum. This fact sets us apart from other travel companies that take bigger groups.
- We are practical, punctual, reliable Travel company, welcoming individuals or groups. Check out our reviews on trip advisor.
- At AB Expeditions, guides, and driver receive their salary as soon they finish their job.
- Our Tour Guides pride themselves on being up to date and have a comprehensive programme of continual professional development. We love showing what a fascinating and amazing Sacred Valley is.
MORAY AND MARAS SALT POOLS - HALF DAY ITINERARY
We will pick you up at 07:00 am from your hotel. The tour starts with a visit to the Textile center of Chinchero then Colonial town of Maras. From Maras, we keep going to the nearby Inca site of Moray, a magnificent series of terrace circles set into the ground that was once used by the Incas for experimentation with crops. Our final destination is the salt mines which have been in use since Pre-Inca times. Water from a subterranean stream is channeled through pools where it evaporates and leaves behind pure salt crystals. With thousands of stark white pools stretching down the valley, the views are amazing. We will finish the tour at 03:00 pm roughly.
- Round-trip transportation (tourist bus).
- English-speaking Tour Guide.
- Tourist Ticket for archeological sites.
CUSCO TOURIST TICKET
You will need a tourist ticket to visit the Maras Moray. Below you have all the information about them.
The Cusco Boleto Turistico is the only ticket that allows you to visit the most important tourist attractions in and around the Cusco area. With this Ticket, you visit Inca Ruins, museums and typical dances of Peru at 07:00 pm daily. you don´t need to book in advance the tourist ticket, just buy it at the first site you visit. Cash only. There are 2 types of Tickets.
1.- THE GENERAL CUSCO TOURIST TICKET
BTG is also known as the Complete Cusco Tourist Ticket. (In Spanish it is called the Boleto Turístico Integral Cusco). This complete Tourist Ticket Cusco gives you permission to discover all 16 tourist attractions in the Cusco region: If you want to visit ruins in both Cusco & the Sacred Valley, your best option is the full “General Boleto Turistico”
Price: 130.00 Soles
Student Price: 70. 00 Soles
Validity: 10 days
2.- PARTIAL CUSCO TOURIST TICKET.
The Partial Cusco Tourist Ticket is only valid for one or two days. It allows you to enter certain Inca Archeological Ruins and these sites are grouped together according to tourist circuits. This Partial Cusco Tourist Ticket is not available for students or for minors. If you plan on visiting only Maras Moray. But not City Tour on Cusco, the best option is the partial one.
Price: 70.00 Soles
SALT MINE TICKET
The cost of the direct entry ticket to the Salt mine is 15 soles (the US $ 5).
FREQUENT ASKED QUESTIONS
Can we start your Maras Moray tour from Sacred valley?
Yes, you can start the tour. But the service will private so send us a message to send you the price in private service.
Can you drop us off in Ollantaytambo and is the upgrade for that?
Yes, we can drop you off in Ollantaytambo and There is not extra cost.
WHAT YOU NEED TO TAKE FOR MORAY AND MARAS SALT POOLS TOUR
- Clothing: Packing layers are the key because weather in the Maras area changes quickly. Pack t-shirts and add warmth with long-sleeve clothing and a fleece jacket. Lightweight pants for hiking.
- Footwear: Comfortable hiking shoes or athletic sneakers with good traction are perfect for walking up to and around the Incan archaeological sites.
- Sun protection: Bring your hat, sun glasses, and sunscreen.
- Rainy season: During the wet season, pack a waterproof jacket or a travel-size umbrela or plastic ponchos.
- Bottled wáter: It is not recommend to drink tap water in Peru. But staying hydrated is important for preventing altitude sickness.
- Money: It is good to have small bills and coins in the Maras Moray tour because market vendors and small stores may not have adequate change to break larger bills.
- Daypack: It is undoubtedly a must-have when traveling outside Cusco for a day. Make sure your backpack fits extra clothes, water, and snacks.
- Snacks: Energy bars, candies, cookies, etc (you can also buy fresh fruits at one of the villages’ markets).
- Portable chargers: It is recommended to bring charger because phone batteries run out quicky.
- Toilet paper: Some toilets dont have toilet paper.
- Antibacterial hand gel.
- Some small plastic bags for disposals.