Humantay Lake Tour - 1 Day
Humantay Lake tour is a perfect activity for those people who want to see one of the nicest lakes in Perú, This lake is located on the way of the famous Salkantay trek to Machu Picchu, the duration is around 15 hours starting in Cusco city at 3:00 am and returning at 5:00 pm.
Humantay lake 1 day trip Highlights
- Enjoy the stunning peaks of Salkantay and Humantay on a day trip from Cusco
- Visit the turquoise Colored Humantay Lake under lovely snow-capped mountains
- Enjoy authentic family-style meals, breakfast and lunch at soraypampa.
- Tour led by an expert guide.
- Hike on the Salkantay trail
Why you should hike Humantay Lake with us?
- We skip the crowds!— Everybody else goes to Humantay lake at the same time. That means they’re all up at the top at the same time. There is only few spots to take the classical picture of the Humantay Lake and it wouldn’t be pleased with a huge crowd of people. Since we leave from Cusco at 03:00 am. You will get the Humantay Lake before the crowd.
- Our guide always bring oxygen tanks which is important as you get over 4200 meters/13,779 feet above sea level! Not all travel agencies offer this, so this is definitely something to look out for when choosing the best Humantay lake operator.
- Small groups of 2 to 8 people máximum. This fact sets us apart from other travel companies that take bigger groups.
- You will take your time and you will enjoy the hike without pressuse.
- Friendly, attentive, tour guides with fluent English and ample knowledge on all things concerning about Humantay Peru.
- AB Expeditions is most reliable tour operator.
HUMANTAY LAKE TOUR ITINERARY
After we pick you up at your ho tel at 03:00 am, we will start our adventure to the Humantay Lake tour with a 4-hour-drive in our transport to Soraypampa (3850 m.a.s.l.). Soraypampa is the campsite for the first day of the Salkantay trek. In Soraypampa we will have a delicious breakfast to start our day well before beginning our trek. In Soraypampa we will start our trek up to the Humantay Lake (4200 m.a.s.l.) with beautiful views and if the sky is clear enough, we can see the impressive snow-capped Salkantay and Humantay.
It is a 1.5-hour-walk to the lake with a low to moderate difficulty, and more than worth it when you see the magical view. It is also possible to rent a horse instead. We will have enough time to take pictures, bring an offer to the Apus, and for the real brave ones; swimming in the lake when it’s sunny! After some free time, we will start our descent to Soraypampa of about 1.5 hours, which is a lot easier than the way up. In Soraypampa lunch will await us and after some rest, we return to Cusco where we will arrive at 5 p.m.
- English speaking guide, plus an assistant guide for big groups.
- First aid kit, including oxygen.
- Breakfast and lunch prepared by our chef.
- Snacks for the trek.
- Private transportation to and from your hotel in Cusco.
- Entrance fees to Humantay Lake.
- Pick up and drop off from the hotel.
- Gratitudes for the staff.
WHAT TO BRING FOR HUMANTAY LAKE TOUR
- 1 Liter and half of water (per person- at least!).
- Personal snacks (optional).
- Water-resistant trekking shoes.
- Warm clothing (thermal underwear, fleece, hat, gloves, and socks).
- Waterproof clothing (poncho).
- Synthetic or cotton clothing (socks, trousers, shorts, t-shirts).
- Sunhat and sunglasses.
- Sun cream.
- Water bottles such as Nalgene.
- Basic medications.
- Walking sticks.
- Personal items.
Make sure to bring plenty of wáter for this hike. We recommend 2 liters per person. Staying properly hydrated is important to prevent altitude sickness.
Wear hiking shoes or boots. No sneakers!
Wear multiple layers and bring warmed clothes including a hat, gloves, and scarf. The weather at this altitude changes quickly, most of the time is cold. but you’ll also be working up a sweat by hiking, so you’ll want to be able to remove clothing depending on how you feel.
A hiking stick will be very useful, especially if the trail is muddy.
You can never be too careful when it comes to protecting yourself from the UV rays. The higher the elevation, the haresh the effect of the sun. Wearing sunscreen is very important, especially at an altitude of 4231 meters about the seas level.
The only bathrooms are at the beginning of the hike. Make sure to use it before starting the hike!!
FREQUENT ASK QUESTION
HOW ABOUT THE STUDENT DISCOUNT?
Unfortunatly there is not student discount
MAY I CHANGE DEPARTURE DATE?
Yes, it is possible. But you should let us know 48 hours in advance.
DO I NEED TO BRING MY ORIGINAL PASSPORT ON THE HUMANTAY LAKE PERU TOUR?
It is not mandatory to bring your Passport.
CAN I STAY IN THE SACRED VALLEY FOR MY HUMANTAY LAKE TRIP?
Not recommended, beacuse our Humantay lake tour groups leave from Cusco. If you stay in sacred valley, we can take you in private service and there will be an upgrade of $30 for the transport from the sacred valley.
HOW TO BOOK THE HUMANTAY LAKE 1 DAY TREK WITH AB EXPEDITONS?
In order to book your Humantay lake day trip with us, we will need a deposit of $50 in total. Once we get your deposit, we will send you a confirmation of your trek and the booking form to fill out. Here is all the detail that you need to send us.
- Personal information (full name of each participant):
- Name of the hotel:
- Phone number:
- Dietary restricion(Vegetarian?)
HOW TO MAKE A DEPOSIT?
You can make your deposit by clicking on the PAYPAL symbols on our page or you need to log into your Paypal account and send the money to email@example.com
WHAT ABOUT THE OUTSTANDING BALANCE?
The Outstanding balance can be made in cash one day earlier your trip in USD or soles or if you prefer PayPal at least one week prior to your trip(7% service fee applies). Also, you can pay us with Credit card only Visa(5% service fee applies). Please let us know what you prefer. Cash payment MUST be paid 1 day prior your trip.