LARES TREK TO MACHU PICCHU - 4 DAY TREK
Lares Trek to Machu Picchu takes you through a breathtaking high Andean landscape and amazing mountains, you will visit remote highland villages where life is still like in Incas time. Farmers are still making textiles, practicing traditions. this hike takes you off the beaten track with visits to authentic Andean villages while being surrounded by beautiful lakes and green valleys, the trail takes you into the tropical forests around Machu Picchu, this trek ends with a visit of unparalleled Machu Picchu (the new seven wonder of the world).
daily departures with 2 or more people.
3 day acclimatization recommended.
Best from March to november.
Off the beaten path.
2800 m (9,530 ft) – 4700 mt (15420 feet).
yes! private, custom, add-ons all available.
camping, culture, glaciers, hiking & trekking, Lakes, mountains, nature, wildlife, ruins.
from March 1st to December 31st.
LARES TREK TO MACHU PICCHU – 4 DAY TREK
DAY 1: LARES -HUACAHUASI:
We will leave Cusco at 06:00 am for your Lares Trek to Machu Picchu. We will be driven for about 2 hours to the valley of Calca where we will have breakfast, from where we keep going by our private van to the highest pass of this road at 4275 meters 13.891 feet. From there we will observe wonderful views of the snowcapped mountains, after enjoying the amazing views we keep driving to lares hot spring where we meet our horseman and have lunch before the trek begins. while our professional chef prepares our delicious lunch we can take a bath in the hot spring which is an option.
Then we hike to Huacawasi village, where our staff will set up our first camp at an altitude of 3600 meters 11.811. This village is an authentic Andean community of small houses built from mud brick and thatch with straw. We will walk around 6 to 7 kilometers during this first part of the trek (3.72 miles). On the way, we will see Andean farmers wearing their typical costumes and their animals such as alpacas and llamas.
DAY 2: HUACAHUASI – YANAHUARA:
After enjoying our delicious breakfast we will start walking at 06:30 a.m. We hike up to the Huahuaqasa pass at (at 4200 meters 13.779 feet, the highest pass of our hike) where we have the unparalleled landscapes and the amazing Peruvian Andes. From there we hike down to the lakes known as Auroray and Yuracocha, We will have our delicious lunch close to these beautiful lakes watching Andean ducks, wallatas, and queullas.
The second day is spectacular trekking through the Urubamba mountain range, we will have many chances to spot a number of Andean bird species, including Andean condors, hawks and swallow. at the same time, we will observe different types of natives plants such as molle, Chachacoma, and qeuña. The campsite is a further 1 hour and 30 minutes from the place where we have lunch, not far from the village of Mantanay, at 3800 meters.12.4672 We will walk 15 kilometers during this day hiking (9 miles).
DAY 3: YANAHUARA-OLLANTAYTAMBO-MACHU PICCHU:
We walk down through the Yanahuara valley for about 3 hours. This town has pleasantly warm weather. On the way down we will observe corn and potatoes farm irrigated by water from the glaciers of the amazing snow peaks which dominate the valley and feed the river Urubamba, which they venerate and called Wilkamayu or the Sacred River, after having our lunch, we will take a bus for 20-minutes to the Inca village of Ollantaytambo, where we will catch the train to Machu Picchu where we overnight in a hotel.
DAY 4: AGUAS CALIENTES – MACHU PICCHU – OLLANTAYTAMBO – CUSCO:
Tour: Visit Machu Picchu.
Day four is the most magical day: Machu Picchu. We will wake up at 3:30, extremely early, to catch the first bus up to Machu Picchu and see the sunrise over the Machu Picchu.
Your guide will spend around 2 hours explaining the highlights of Machu Picchu. Afterward, you will have time to explore by yourself the ruins and hike Huayna Picchu if you have booked this option. (This is a separate entrance ticket that costs $15 per person). Finally, you will return to Aguas Calientes and take a train back to Ollantaytambo, and then bus back to Cusco. Once in Cusco, we will transfer you back to your hotel.
- 7 kilograms of your personal belonging.
- English speaking guide, plus an assistant guide for big groups.
- Professional cook and an assistant cook for a big group and horseman for the mules and horses.
- Mules which carry group gear and large duffels provided by the company, for personal belongings.
- All food on the trek, which incorporates traditional Peruvian cuisine as well as modern fusion cuisine and specific dietary needs.
- Boiled water and snacks.
- Large Dining tent, table, stools, all cutlery, and kitchen tent.
- Tents to overnight, and Thermarest. Two-person tents are provided for a single person and three-person tents for double people to provide plenty of space for personal gear.
- Additional horses for riding can be provided for an additional cost.
- First aid kit, including oxygen.
- A pre-trek briefing.
- Entrance fee to Machu Picchu.
- Hotel in Aguas Calientes.
- Round trip Train ticket Ollantaytambo-Aguas Calientes-Ollantaytambo.
- Private van from your hotel in Cusco to Lares(the starting point of hiking).
- Private van from Ollantaytambo to Cusco.
What’s Not Included?
- The first breakfast as well as lunch and dinner on the 5th day in Aguas Calientes.
- Personal trekking gear including, backpacks, trekking poles, sleeping bags. However, they may be rented from the company.
- Gratuity for guides, cooks, and horseman.
- Entrance to hot springs in Lares or other entertainments in Aguas Calientes.
- Personal riding horse. Additional horses may be rented according to the needs of the individual and group.
- Bus ticket from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu.
ADDITIONAL THING TO UPGRADE
1.- Huayna Picchu Mountain:
Huayna Picchu Mountain is $15
This is the picture that you will take from the top of Huayna Picchu Mountain.
2.- Machu Picchu Mountain:
The trail to Machu Picchu Mountain is ascending through steps made of stone and well-established paths. The walk is not really dangerous, nor difficult to perform, but it will require all your strength. As the trail gets closer to the base of Machu Picchu Mountain, the steps become steeper, narrower, and more challenging and there isn’t any flat part. The amount of time to hike up to Machu Picchu mountain depends on the physical condition of the person and can range from 1 to 1.5 hours to climb or 2 to 3 hours (round-trip).
Machu Picchu Mountain is $15
This is the picture that you will take from the top of Machu Picchu Mountain.
3.- Vistadome Train:
If you love nature and the countryside, the PeruRail Vistadome is exactly what you are looking for. The panoramic windows located beside and above your seat will bring you close to nature unlike anything you’ve experienced before. The Vistadome train offers you a unique connection with the scenery along the way to Machu Picchu(Llacta), making customers feel as if they were somehow part of the nature that surrounds them. Return trips on the Vistadome option, also offer you an onboard fashion show, featuring the exclusive baby alpaca wool collection with the latest trends in alpaca apparel, all available for sale. As an added bonus, you can enjoy live dances inspired by the ancient culture of the Andes of Peru. Passengers also get a snack made of local ingredients.
One way Vistadome Ticket is $35
Our price is $630 per person.
WHAT WE RECOMMEND TO BRING:
- Original Passport and Original Green ISIC international student cards if you are students.
- Water-resistant trekking shoes and sandals.
- Warm clothing (thermal underwear, fleece, hat, gloves, socks).
- Waterproof clothing (poncho).
- Synthetic or cotton clothing (socks, trousers, shorts, t-shirts).
- Sunhat and sunglasses.
- Sun cream and insect repellent.
- Water bottles such as Nalgene.
- Basic medications.
- Walking sticks.
- Swimsuit and towel.
- Personal items.
- Personal snacks.
The best time to do the Lares Trek to Machu Picchu is during the dry season (May-September). This is the busiest trekking time in the region, particularly on the Classic Inca Trail, where permits sell-out months in advance.