Inca Trail cost 2023 & 2024
There are more than 3 versions of the Inca Trail. The most popular one is the 4-day Inca Trail. In the following paragraph, we will let you know how much the Inca Trail costs on each version.
How Much Does the 4-Day Inca Trail Cost?
The classic Inca Trail 4 days can cost anywhere from US$630 to over $1300 per person. This cost of the Inca Trail usually includes the Inca Trail permit and Machu Picchu permits, transportation from Cusco to the trailhead, return train ticket from Aguas Calientes Ollantaytambo, transportation from Ollanta to Cusco; a bilingual tour guide (English and Spanish), porters, tents, and three meals a day.
The price differences are driven by several reasons: The quality of the operator, the quality of their service, the group size, inclusions, and if the hike is a private or group service.
Here is a list of recommended Inca Trail tour companies, you are going to find prices ranging from $650 to $900.
- AB Expeditions: $695 per person.
- Flashpacker Connect: $850 per person.
- Valencia Travel $ 679 per person.
- Evolution Treks Peru: $825 per person.
- Llama path: $699 per person.
- Wayki Trek: $780 per person.
- To experience: $740 per person.
- Enigma: $825 per person.
- Alpaca Expeditions: $750 per person
Why do other companies charge cheaper?
We don’t recommend you those companies for those reasons:
- Cheaper companies for the Inca Trail usually share the service and take larger groups (15-25 people).
- The standard of the tour guides won’t be as high as with a slightly more expensive tour company.
- They provide you with smaller meals and no snacks.
- They don’t provide their porters with trekking gear so the porters go with their own cloth and sandals.
- They do not provide enough food for their porters so they go to other companies to ask for food.
- Porters are underpaid and treated unfairly.
- they don’t hire women porters.
Also, there are companies with new licenses who are trying to get in their first clients by offering cheap prices. But it is a risk because you will end up with an inexperienced Travel Agency that only just got authorized among the 120+ licensed Inca Trail companies.
Additional Inca Trail Expenses
The total Inca Trail cost will increase more when you add some extras. These might include:
- An extra personal porter (this is between $140 and $170)
- Tips for porters, tour guides, and cooks.
- Personal tent, rather than sharing with another traveler (maybe $40 to $70)
- Sleeping Bags(this is between $10 and $30)
- Walking Sticks( This is between $10 and $30)
- Machu Picchu mountain tickets are 65 USD
- Huayna Picchu mountain tickets are 65 USD
What does the Short Inca Trail cost?
The short Inca Trail is one of the best options for people who don’t have time to cover the 4-day Inca Trail. This trek takes 2 days and 1 night and covers a distance of 12km or 9 miles. The most popular tour includes a hotel in Aguas Calientes town. Also, other travel agencies offer the short Inca trail with Camping. But you don’t sleep on the Inca Trail. Your tent will be set up at Puente Ruinas which is located 20 minutes walk from Aguas Calientes and below Machu Picchu Citadel.
The short Inca 2 days price ranges between $475 and 650 USD with a hotel and between $570 and 750 with a camping option. The short Inca Trail price consists of the Machu Picchu ticket, short Inca Trail permit, train ticket, bus tickets, tour guide, meals, and accommodation. The question is why this short Inca Trail 2 days is almost as expensive as Inca Trail 4 days. The answer is that the operational expenses for this short option are much higher due to the expensive train ticket, costly bus tickets, and hotel services that your travel agency might use.
Here is a list of recommended Inca Trail tour companies, you are going to find prices ranging from $475 to $590.
- AB Expeditions: $475 per person.
- Llama path: $525 per person.
- Wayki Trek: $590 per person.
- To experience: $520 per person.
- Alpaca Expeditions: $550 per person.
- Sam Travel Peru: $467 per person.
- Inkayni Peru: $489 per person.
What is the Inca Trail 2 days with Camping price?
Short Inca Trail with camping can cost anywhere from $550 to over $650.
What is the Inca Trail 5 days cost?
The Inca Trail 5 days can cost anywhere from US$850 to over $1590 per person.
What is the Inca Trail 7 days Price?
The Inca Trail 7 days can cost anywhere from US$1100 to over $1800 per person.