RAINBOW MOUNTAIN IN JULY
Rainbow Mountain in July is worth every step and every pain. July is an appropriate month, needless to say, the best month for every traveler whose dream is to see those Instagram-posted pictures of the site. These are the days when the sun hits the mountain directly and the colors stand out. Although some pictures will be filtered, trust other publications in July, then you will know what to expect. Weather is not much different than the previous month, June, with cold temperatures in the early morning and warmer temperatures later as the sun comes up, so it is important to go prepared.
When is the best time of the day to visit Rainbow Mountain in July?
The best time to visit Rainbow Mountain in July is from 6:00 am to 9:00 am in the morning and after 2:00 pm.
- From the 6:00 am to 09:00 am shift. You will have the advantage of enjoying the sunrise at Rainbow Mountain and early in the morning, there are few people around. So you will have the Mountain only for you.
- After 2:00 pm, most of the travelers (at least 90%) have left Rainbow Mountain and you can enjoy it much better without a lot of people. At this time of the day, the rangers are more flexible and allow you to stay a bit longer at some viewpoints. But you have to prepare for the wind because in the afternoon the wind is very strong and cold.
Things to Know
- The temperature in Rainbow Mountain fluctuates between 24°C(75°F) and – 5°C (23°F).
- If you see the wind swirl when you are riding the horse, tell the horseman that you will get off because the wind takes up the plastic and the horses are scared and run away so you will fall from the horse.
- There will be a lot of people hiking Rainbow Mountain, because Peruvians have half-year vacation on July 27-28 (Peru’s independence day). So they come to Cusco to hike Rainbow Mountain, so it gets busy.
- Temperatures fall drastically in July during the night and in the early morning.
- You will have alluring views with clear sky, and sunshine making for amazing Picture-opportunities.
- You won’t worry about rain during your hike to Rainbow Mountain in July.
- It is hard getting good photo shoots at Rainbow Mountain viewpoint because there are large groups of national and international tourists.
- Dusty trail because the hundreds of tourists wear out the hard-packed trail.
- Cold temperatures in the early mornings.
- When you get like 8 am to the trailhead. There are no horses available to ride so you have to wait for the first horses that took the early tourist.
- We recommend you wear a lot of sunscreens and a sunhat because the sunlight is intense over 4800 meters.
- Wear a hat or a cap to avoid getting sunburned and put on sunblock. Remember you’ll be at a high altitude and near the equator, so the sun is very strong.
RAINBOW MOUNTAIN FOOTAGE