RAINBOW MOUNTAIN IN AUGUST
August, the season for kite flying in the Cusco region. Rainbow Mountain in August is windy, so it reminded us of kites, but as long as you go well-equipped and properly dressed, you will have an awesome time hiking the mountain. The crowds remain as in the previous months. This happens in all parts of Cusco and Machu Picchu. And how about the weather? The days remain sunny for most of the time, but there are going to be days with the presence of stratocumulus clouds shading a little bit the Red valleys and mountains. The scenery is amazing in all its impressive nature.
When is the best time of the day to visit Rainbow Mountain in August?
The best time to hike Rainbow Mountain in August is from 6 am to 9 am in the morning and after 2 pm in the afternoon.
- On the 6:00 am to 09:00 am shift. You will have the privilege of seeing the sunrise at Rainbow Mountain and it is not windy so you can stay as long as possible to take many pictures. Also early in the morning, there are few people around.
- After 2:00 pm, most of the tourists (at least 80%) have left Rainbow Mountain and you can enjoy it much better without any crowd. At this time of the day, the park rangers are more flexible and allow you to stay a bit longer at some viewpoints of the Mountain. But you have to prepare for the wind because in the afternoon the wind is very strong and cold.
Things to know
- If you are riding a horse and you see the wind swirl. Tell the horseman that you will get off because the horses are scared of the wind swirling and run away and I saw people falling from the horse.
- August is the last month of peak season in Rainbow Mountain.
- Historically, Rainbow Mountain gets the highest number of visitors in August.
- It rains on average 4 days of the month
- The Temperatures during the early mornings and nights are freezing cold. but warm during the day.
- Rainbow Mountain viewpoint is very crowded as many people from the northern hemisphere come to Peru for their summer vacation.
- The temperature in Rainbow Mountain fluctuates between 24°C(75°F) and -1°C (30°F)
- You will have Cloudless skies and amazing mountain views around Rainbow Mountain.
- You won’t worry about rain during your visit to Rainbow Mountain in August.
- Long lines to take pictures from the viewpoint.
- Prices are inflated for rainbow Mountain, due to the high demand.
- The sun’s heat is strong. It burns you and gets you sweaty. There are no shades on the way to the Mountain.
- The sun is a scorcher, it burns whenever the sky is cloudless, so make sure to put on your sunblock and wear a cap or long-brim hat.
- Bring clothing in layers. Although it will be sunny and pleasant during the day, early in the mornings the temperatures drop significantly, so bringing a jacket, gloves, and a warm hat is a good option for being out late.
RAINBOW MOUNTAIN FOOTAGE