Rainbow mountain horse tour
Visit the great Rainbow Mountain region on horseback. If you are unsure about the difficulty of the Rainbow Mountain hike, consider getting a horse ride tour and ease the walk. Horses have been adapted to these arid lands a long time ago, and as it is known, on the Rainbow Mountain trail, locals make them work, taking tourists up and down the way, from the early morning to the time the last van arrives at the parking lot. This is a perfect way of trekking for someone wanting to see this beautiful area without experiencing an impossible and arduous hike.
Rainbow Mountain Horse Tour Itinerary
You will be picked up from your hotel around 03:00 am. Once ready, we will drive for nearly three hours in our private van up to the trailhead where upon our arrival, we will provide you a box breakfast to fuel up for what is about to start: the hike to Rainbow mountain. After enjoying our breakfast, we will head where the saddled horses will be waiting for us, ready to depart. (Our team will teach you tips and techniques). These guys know the path very well and are tamed, docile but even though the owner will conduct them. We are going to be riding for about one hour and hit the horse stop point, so there we will be standing very close to the vantage point, but the horses will drop us at the most challenging part, in anyways, the objective will be very close. Then we will walk for 30 minutes roughly until the top of the Rainbow Mountain, and we will have time to contemplate the area and take pictures. You will spend approximately 30 minutes to 01 hours; timing will depend on your trekking speed and weather conditions.
After having enjoyed the Rainbow Mountains view for about 01 hour, we will visit the Red Valley, which takes us an extra thirty minutes to get it and have magnificent scenery. Then we will get back to the trailhead (one hour roughly), we catch our van, we drive back for one more hour to our Private restaurant at a hamlet called T´io (3,250m/11,000feet) where you will be given fresh and delicious food. And finally, we get back to Cusco to the farewell at your hotel around 03:00 pm roughly.
- English speaking guide.
- First aid kit, including a tank of oxygen.
- Breakfast and lunch prepared by our chef.
- Snacks for the trek.
- Private transportation to and from your hotel in Cusco.
- Entrance fees to Rainbow Mountain.
- pick up and drop off from the hotel.
- Pre-Trek briefing the night before the trek to go over the itinerary, meet your guide(s) and answer any questions.
- Gratitudes for guides.
WHAT TO BRING FOR RAINBOW MOUNTAIN HORSE TOUR
- 1 Liter and half of the water (per person- at least!).
- Personal snacks (optional).
- Water-resistant trekking shoes.
- Warm clothing (thermal underwear, fleece, hat, gloves, and socks).
- Waterproof clothing (poncho).
- Synthetic or cotton clothing (socks, trousers, shorts, t-shirts).
- Sunhat and sunglasses.
- Sun cream.
- Water bottles such as Nalgene.
- Basic medications.
- Walking sticks.
- Personal items.