RAINBOW MOUNTAIN & AUSANATE 2 DAY TREK
Our Rainbow Mountain two day trek is going to leave you with a memorable experience, On this 2 days of hiking you will observe a wonderful night amongst some of the shimmering stars, a milky way so colorful and the constellations of the southern hemisphere, you will be startled. This new trek will spellbind you constantly. With a combination of amazing landscapes, snowcapped, colorful tarns. Rushing streams, challenging mountain passes, local herders, Andean geese, llamas, alpacas, chinchillas, condors and vicuñas, everything seeming intact and undiscovered.
NOTE: This trek is for those who don’t like to walk with a lot of people. You will enjoy the first day the majestic Ausangate glacier, On the second day you will enjoy the Amazing Rainbow Mountain early in the morning and you will see the landscape shown above in the video. We only take small groups and private trips, minimum 02 and a maximum of 08 persons. we provide you personalized service.
daily departures with 2 or more people.
no needed, because it is lower than cusco.
Best from March to november.
famous, touristy place, crowded.
2000 m (6561,799 ft)- 2600 m (8,530 ft).
yes! private, custom, add-ons all available.
TRIP ACTIVITIES & FEATURES
Hiking, Inca Ruins, Nature, Adventure.
Hiking / Trekking.
From march 1st to january 31st.
10 km (6.216 mi).
Rainbow Mountain – Ausangate Trek 2 days
DAY 1: CUSCO – ALQATARI – AUSANGATE -ANANTA
We pick you up at your hotel at 04:00 am and drive for about 3 hours to Qanchipacha where we have our hot breakfast prepared by our professional chef. Then we keep driving 20 minutes more until the trailhead where we are going to pack our belongings go over the itinerary. We are going to start our high altitude exploration in the morning passing local houses, lush pampas and hundreds of llamas and alpacas. Our destination to get Pucacocha passes from where we have a spectacular view of Ausangate glacier (the highest peak of Cusco 6,370meters/20,000 feet). After enjoying the glacier and colorful tarns we come down to our campsite and have delicious lunch. As the sun sets down our staff set up the dining tent with chairs for you to relax and enjoy playing soccer over 4700 meters/15,200feet if you can. while dinner is being prepared by our private cook. This night you are going to observe a memorable night sky full of southern constellations.
DAY 2: ANANTA – WARMI SAYA – RAINBOW MOUNTAIN- CUSCO
Today is the most important day which you have been waiting for. you will enjoy this amazing Rainbow Mountain. We are going to wake you up at 03:30am with coca tea or coffee delivered to your tent, and have your hot breakfast to fuel you up for your first climb to Warmi Saya pass 5150m (16,8963feet).then go down to the circle lake and walk along two lakes until to get Vinicunca (Rainbow Mountains) .once you get it you can take all the picture as you can, explore the mountain with your local guide and really enjoy the colorful mountains around you. it truly is a spectacular place. Then you will hike down, it only takes you about two hours and here you will celebrate a successful trip, and enjoy your delicious lunch before getting back to Cusco (3 hours and a half). We will get back to Cusco around 6 pm.
Itinerary subject to change
- English speaking guide, plus an assistant guide for big groups.
- Professional cook and an assistant cook for a big group and horseman for the mules and horses
- Mules which carry group gear and large duffels provided by the company, for personal belongings.
- All food on the trek, which incorporates traditional Peruvian cuisine as well as modern fusion cuisine and specific dietary needs.
- Boiled water and snacks.
- Large Dining tent, table, stools, all cutlery, and kitchen tent.
- Tents to overnight, and Thermarest. Two-person tents are provided for a single person and three-person tents for double people to provide plenty space for personal gear.
- Additional horses for riding can be provided for an additional cost.
- First aid kit, including oxygen.
- A pre-trek briefing.
- Entrance fee to Rainbow Mountain.
- Private transportation to and from your hotel in Cusco.
- 7 kilograms of your personal belonging.
- sleeping bag.
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED?
- Dinner on the 2nd day.
- Personal trekking gear including, backpacks, trekking poles. However, they may be rented from the company.
- Gratuity for guides, cooks, and horseman.
- Personal riding horse. Additional horses may be rented according to the needs of the individual and group.
Our price is $290.00 per person.
WHAT WE RECOMMEND TO BRING:
- Day pack with a Rain cover.
- Torch/ headlamp.
- Extra socks (wool is best).
- Hiking pants and shirts- layers.
- Rain pants.
- Camping shoes/ sandals- to wear in the evenings.
- Camping pillow.
- Water-resistant trekking shoes.
- Warm clothing (thermal underwear, fleece, hat and gloves).
- Waterproof clothing (poncho).
- Synthetic or cotton clothing (trousers, shorts, t-shirts).
- Sunhat and sunglasses.
- Sun cream.
- Lip Balm.
- Camera/ extra battery.
- Water bottles such as Nalgene.
- Basic medications.
- Walking sticks.
- Personal items.
- Personal snacks.
- Cash (if you’d like to purchase souvenirs).
If you have reserved the service with your old Passport and then you have renewed it and obtained another, you most likely will have a different passport number. Please let us know so we can update this information. This modification has to be made prior to your trip to Peru (at least 10 days before your trip). As soon as you have your new passport please inform AB Expeditions of this change. Otherwise, this update or modification will have an additional fee of USD 12.00 and it will create a big inconvenience to update it at the last minute.
If you do not bring your passport, you won’t be allowed in the trail. Also, if you bring your new passport and failed to inform us and this information was not updated, you won’t be allowed in the Inca Trail or Machu Picchu.
Those passengers who booked their trip using the discounted price for Student Holders must bring their original and valid student card (not a copy and not expired). This document must be shown at the Inca Trail Control Gate. Unfortunately, if you do not bring your card, you will be denied entry to the Inca Trail as the permits won’t be valid without your card.
It is very important that our passengers inform us before their trip of any medical restriction, food restriction, allergies, special diets, current medication, health issues, or anything that we need to consider to make your trip enjoyable and without concerns.
If you have medical restrictions for some or all the activities detailed in your booking please contact your doctor and inquire about the risks of doing said activities.