Lares Trek 3 Days to Machu Picchu
Lares Trek 3 Days takes you through a beatiful high Andean landscape and imponent mountains, you will visit remote highland villages where life is still like in Incas time. Farmers are still making textiles, practicing traditions. this hike takes you off the beaten track with visits to authentic Andean villages while being surrounded by beautiful lakes and green valleys, the trail takes you into the tropical forests around Machu Picchu.
Lares Trek 3 Days Itinerary
Cusco – Calca - Huaran – Cancha Cancha
Your Lares trek 3 days start early with your pickup at 5:00am from your hotel. Then we will drive to Huaran for about 2 hours, There, you will meet your horsemen. After getting ready, you will start hiking all the way up to Cancha Cancha Village. It will take us around 3 hours gradually ascending. We will have our lunch at the village. After our meal, you will have a siesta time then in the afternoon we will go to visit the local family. We will learn about their daily life. In the evening, after our delicious dinner we will go out from our tent to see the amazing milky way.
- Meals included: Breakfast – Lunch – Afternoon Tea Time – Dinner
- Accommodation: Tents
- Distance: 9kms / 5.6 miles
- Time: 3.5hrs approximately
- Difficulty: Moderate
Day 2: Cancha Cancha – Quiswarani – Ollantaytambo – Aguas Calientes
After our delicious breakfast, we start hiking to the highest point of our trek at Pachacutec Pass (4,500m /14,800 ft). Along the way we will see glaciers, local people dressed with their traditional cloths, remote lakes, alpacas, llamas, rugged valleys and spectacular mountain.
After getting the summit, we hike down for 3 hours until we reach Quiswarani community at 3,700m/12,139ft, where we will have our delicious lunch. On the way, we will see the 7 waterfall which are very beautiful. After our meal, we drive to the hotspring, then we drive to Ollantaytambo where you will catch the train to Aguas Calientes.
- 3* Accommodation: Tara Machu Picchu
- Distance: 12kms / 7.5 miles
- Time: 7hrs approximately
- Difficulty: Challenging
DAY 3: AGUAS CALIENTES – MACHU PICCHU – CUSCO
Day 3 is the most magical day: Machu Picchu. We will wake up early, to catch the first bus up to Machu Picchu and see the sunrise over the Machu Picchu.
After passing the checkpoint, your guide will take to the Machu Picchu viewpoint from where you will take poscard shot then he/she will spend around 2 hours explaining the highlights of Machu Picchu). Finally, you will return to Aguas Calientes and take a train back to Ollantaytambo, and then bus back to Cusco. Once in Cusco, we will transfer you back to your hotel.
- 7 kilograms of your personal belonging.
- English speaking guide, plus an assistant guide for big groups.
- Professional cook and an assistant cook for a big group and horseman for the mules and horses.
- Mules which carry group gear and large duffels provided by the company, for personal belongings.
- All food on the trek, which incorporates traditional Peruvian cuisine as well as modern fusion cuisine and specific dietary needs.
- Boiled water and snacks.
- Large Dining tent, table, stools, all cutlery, and kitchen tent.
- Tents to overnight, and Thermarest. Two-person tents are provided for a single person and three-person tents for double people to provide plenty of space for personal gear.
- First aid kit, including oxygen.
- A pre-trek briefing.
- Entrance fee to Machu Picchu.
- Hotel in Aguas Calientes.
- Round trip Train ticket Ollantaytambo-Aguas Calientes-Ollantaytambo.
- Private van from your hotel in Cusco to Lares(the starting point of hiking).
- Private van from Ollantaytambo to Cusco.
- The first breakfast as well as lunch and dinner on the 5th day in Aguas Calientes.
- Personal trekking gear including, backpacks, trekking poles, sleeping bags. However, they may be rented from the company.
- Gratuity for guides, cooks, and horseman.
- Entrance to hot springs in Lares or other entertainments in Aguas Calientes.
- Personal riding horse. Additional horses may be rented according to the needs of the individual and group.
- Bus ticket from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu.
ADDITIONAL THINGS TO UPGRADE
1.- Huayna Picchu Moutain
- The price for Huayna Picchu Mountain is: $15USD
- Learn more about Huayna Picchu Mountain
2.- Machu Picchu Mountain
- The price for Machu Picchu Mountain is $65 USD
- Learn more about Machu Picchu Mountain
- One way Vistadome Ticket is $35
- Round trip Vistadome ticket is $70
- Learn more about Vistadome Train
WHAT TO BRING FOR LARES TREK 3 DAYS
- Original Passport and Original Green ISIC international student cards if you are students.
- Water-resistant trekking shoes and sandals.
- Warm clothing (thermal underwear, fleece, hat, gloves, socks).
- Waterproof clothing (poncho).
- Synthetic or cotton clothing (socks, trousers, shorts, t-shirts).
- Sunhat and sunglasses.
- Sun cream and insect repellent.
- Water bottles such as Nalgene.
- Basic medications.
- Walking sticks.
- Swimsuit and towel.
- Personal items.
- Personal snacks.
The best time to do the Lares Trek 4 days to Machu Picchu is during the dry season (May-September). This is the busiest trekking time in the region, particularly on the Classic Inca Trail, where permits sell-out months in advance.