INCA TRAIL IN OCTOBER
October rides the line between wet and dry seasons. At this time of year the skies partly cloudy in the morning. Nice weather during the day. Rain in the afternoons and nights. It is shoulder season and there will be less crowds. Nighttime temperatures are not that cold in October because Peru s winter is over.
Did you know that only AB Expeditions provides proper trekking gear to their porters? Also they have satellite phone and private toilet tent. Book now with them your Inca trail 4 days.
Things to Know
- October is the last month of the dry season.
- The rain in this month normally comes in the afternoons, so it is better leave early the campsites.
- October is one of the best times to hike the classic Inca Trail, little rain is expected, and you are away from the cold weather of the winter season.
- Winter cold decreases and the temperature gets warmer with a very pleasant climate.
- The first rains make the Inca Trail landscape begins to turn Green.
- this month rides the line between rainy and dry seasons.
- The Inca Trail still remain quite crowded,
- Inca Trail permits are released on October 01st for the next year.
- Rain: On average, rain falls 10 days of the month.
- Temperature: It ranges between 2.7 and 23.8-celsius degrees. (37 and 75 ° F).
- Witness some incredible Rainbow phenomenon.
- Because of the good weather, you can see some stunning scenery – mountains, glaciers, waterfalls, flowers, etc.
- Orchids come into blossom.
- The vegetation is Green.
- Tranquillity and beauty flood the Inca trail in October.
- The temperature gets warmed at night because winter is over.
- Perfect weather for shooting a timelapse of clouds.
- Clouds sometimes shade the landscape, and it may shower for a moment too.
- Mosquitoes will bother you.
- If you plan to hike Inca Trail in October. Book your permits 6 months in advance to get good campasites.
- Well-made rain gear for the trek is definitely necessary.
- Bring a plastic bag for smartphones and other devices.
INCA TRAIL IN OCTOBER VIDEO
This video will show how is the landscape and weather on the Inca trail in November. It is misty but it doesn’t rain very ofter. It can rain at night.