AUSANGATE 7 LAKES DAY HIKE
Our Ausangate 7 lakes day hike is a beautiful day tour where you can see several turquoise-colored lakes, belonging to the Cordillera de Vilcanota and also you will be near the mountains of Ausangate which is the 5 highest Mountain in Peru. At the end you will enjoy the hot spring with a beautiful view of the mountains around you and the daily life of the farmers of the community of Pacchanta.
daily departures with 2 or more people.
3 day acclimatization recommended.
Best from March to november.
Remote, off the beaten track, can be busy in high season.
4,300 m (14107 ft) – 4,850 m(15912 ft).
yes! private, custom, add-ons all available.
culture, glaciers, hiking & trekking, mountains, nature, wildlife.
Hiking / Trekking.
moderate, high altitude.
1 day: 03:00 am – 05:00 pm.
10 km (6.214 mi).
AUSANGATE 7 LAKES TREK ITINERARY
We pick you up at 3 am from your hotels, then we drive our destination that will be the village of «PACCHANTA» which is located close to snowy «Ausangate Mount» which is at 4200 masl. In this village we will receive our nutritious breakfast (7:30 A.M), then hike into the middle of the Andes mountain range to explore“7 beautiful Ausangate lagoons”, at the beginning we will walk about 5 to 6 km. to visit the first lagoon (1:30 hrs approx.), after that we will continue this fascinating adventure visiting other lagoons, perched in the middle of the Andes mountain range, surrounded by wonderful vegetation, it will be a 10 km tour. approximately (5 hrs of walking).
We will return to the community of “PACCHANTA” where we will enjoy the hot springs and our lunch then we will return to Cusco, after this wonderful experience.
- English speaking guide, plus an assistant guide for big groups.
- First aid kit, including oxygen.
- Breakfast and lunch prepared by our chef.
- Snacks for the trek.
- Private transportation to and from your hotel in Cusco.
- Entrance fees to Humantay Lake.
- pick up and drop off from the hotel.
What’s Not Included?
- Gratitudes for the staff.
PRICE USD: 2 Trekker: $115, 3 Trekkers: $90, 4 Trekkers $80, 5-6 Trekkers: $70, 7-8 Trekkers: $60 (PER PERSON).
WHAT WE RECOMMEND TO BRING:
- 1 Liter and half of water (per person- at least!).
- Personal snacks (optional).
- Water-resistant trekking shoes.
- Warm clothing (thermal underwear, fleece, hat, gloves, and socks).
- Waterproof clothing (poncho).
- Synthetic or cotton clothing (socks, trousers, shorts, t-shirts).
- Sunhat and sunglasses.
- Sun cream.
- Water bottles such as Nalgene.
- Basic medications.
- Walking sticks.
- Personal items.
- This tour is not recommended for children because they may have trouble walking, but if the child enjoys hiking at high altitudes, they can do it.
- If you have medical problems, you should consult your doctor and indicate that you want to or are planning a hike in the Peruvian Andes and the height is 4,850 m(15912 ft). above sea level. If you have medication, you must bring it with you to continue your treatment.
- The higher elevation also means colder, nearly freezing temperatures, so be prepared.
- If you have altitude sickness symptoms, descend as quickly as you can. It’s nothing to mess around with.
- Our guide always oxygen tanks which are important as you get over 4,850 m(15912 ft). above sea level! Not all travel agencies offer this, so this is definitely something to look out for when choosing the best Ausangate tour operator.
- Make sure you are acclimatized to Cusco’s altitude before you set off on your hike to the Ausangate. This is by far the best insurance of a smooth and enjoyable trip. We recommend you spend at least 3 days in Cusco prior to the excursion.
- batteries tend to die due to cold — keep them in your sleeping bag.